Travis Intermediate School: May 17, 2021
Remote Learners: Returning Technology Items
Please bring all technology items issued to your child including chrome books, chargers and hotspots to the front office. We ask that they are in a bag labeled with your child's name, their student ID number, grade and homeroom teacher's name.
Medication Pick Up in the Clinic
6th Graders: Reminder for Immunizations
- 1 dose of Tdap if at least 5 years have passed since the last dose of tetanus-containing vaccine
- 1 dose of MCV4 (quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate) on or after their 11th birthday
You will need to submit a copy of updated immunizations to your child's Junior High School in order to register for the 2021-2022 school year.
Mark Your Calendars
- May 17: 6th Social Studies DCC Test
- May 18: 5th Social Studies DCC Test
- May 19: 6th Science Benchmark Test
- May 20: Rescheduled 6th Grade Physicals (Must have already been registered)
- May 20-21: Technology Returns for Remote Learners from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- May 25: End of Year Awards (Parents of students receiving awards will be sent a virtual link in order to view.)
- May 26: Last Day to Pick Up Medication in the Clinic
- May 26: Last Day of School for Students/Early Release at 12:45 p.m.
Arrival to School On Time - Our instructional day begins at 8:50 a.m. So students do not miss important instruction, we ask that if they are a car rider or walker, they arrive to campus before 8:50 a.m. If your child will eat breakfast in the cafeteria, arrival by 8:30 a.m. will ensure they have plenty of time to eat and get to class before instruction begins at 8:50 a.m. Tardies are recorded for students who arrive without a doctor's note after 8:50 a.m.
Dropping Off Items- Please note, lunches or items left at home may not be dropped off. If your child forgets their lunch, they may receive a free lunch this year from the cafeteria. This is in an effort to limit the number of people that touch an item so we reduce the possibility of exposure.
Mask Requirement - All students and staff will be required to properly wear a mask while in the building and riding the school bus. The mask will follow the same guidelines for clothing per the CISD Student Code of Conduct.
Travis Cell Phone Policy - As stated in the district Elementary & Intermediate Student Handbook, students are allowed to have cell phones on campus. Cell phones must remain turned off during the instructional day and in the student's backpack. If students do not comply with this policy, staff members may confiscate the cell phone and turn them in to the assistant principal. A parent/guardian will need to come to the school to pick up any cell phone that has been confiscated, as it will not be returned to the student once taken up.
Can My Child Go to School?-English
This chart will help parents know whether they are able to send their child to school.
Can My Child Go to School?-Spanish
If you have a child who needs to be registered to attend our campus, please call the school at 936-709-7000 to speak with our registrar, Ms. Solis. At this time, registration will be done by appointment only.
We are here to support you! Please feel free to contact the school between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at 936-709-7000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Us On Social Media
Parent Access Center
Parents/Guardians wishing to access this service must have a valid email address.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Sign up for Parent Access to stay up to date with your child's grades and more.
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.