15-16 Sawnee Tech News Vol. 19
District Digital Product Guidelines
ITS and teachers have put togehter guidelines for meeting standards with technology components. Check out the suggestions for implementation found in your FCS Grade Level Resources course. There is a folder titled District Digital Product Guidelines. Within the folder you will see a note with all grade level guidelines linked.
President's Day Activities
- Use the app Chatterpix Kids to tell about a President or a Presidential Monument (personification, anyone?) from their point of view.
- Vote for Me! Making Presidential Commercials Using Avatars
- A Tribute to Abraham Lincoln podcast with embed code. Post this in an itslearning discussion board for students to respond to one another regarding the Book Chat.
- Choose at least 5 Presidents and research to find an important date associated with each one. Place each data/event on a timeline. ReadWriteThink has a nice timeline creator that is easy for students to use. Both images and text can be added to the timeline and it can be shared with the teacher via email from the site (students do not need an email account to share.)
- Have students put themselves in a President's shoes (or hat!) Students may create Abe Lincoln's hat and write about a day in his life. Use the book Looking at Lincoln to go along with this activity.
- Integrate science with the Penny Experiment
- K-1st can make these finger puppets and write scripts to act out in centers.
About the Friday Feed
Betsy Paul is an Instructional Technology Specialist at Sawnee Elementary in Cumming, GA. This flyer is created to share instructional technology news and tools with teachers at Sawnee Elementary, but feel free to use and share with others.