June 2, 2015
Important...Lunch Plan for Friday
Thanks again for supporting the effort!
Heart at Work
Never underestimate the power of a small group of committed people to change the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has.” ~ Margaret Mead
Steve Vanderark, you've got heart! Steve taught our 4th graders so much about theater and helped them perform a wonderful production of Annie with confidence and success! It is evident that he spent many hours working with the students to help make this performance a success!
Kourtney McCollough, you've got heart! Kourtney spent so much time and poured her heart into the 4th grade musical production of Annie. She was dedicated to making sure the kids were confident and ready so that they experience for the students was positive and memorable. The performance was fabulous and it was evident of all of the work she put into it.
Tech Forms...Attach to Each Student Laptop or Netbook
Noted below is the new process for turning in your student technology:
· You will receive the form shown below in your box. Complete one for each of the devices you are returning and tape to the top outside surface of the device. If there aren’t any issues with the device please note “N/A”. If the device doesn’t work at all, note that in the issues section on the form. Anything non-functional or unrepairable will be turned into tech salvage but we need to account for it first.
· The forms will remain on the devices so you will get your devices back next year.
· Be aware that all student devices will be re-imaged this summer.
· Jessica will be coming around to pick up your items from you on Friday. She’ll get started in the morning but may not get to you until afternoon.
Summer Cleaning Schedule
Safe Schools...Complete over the summer
All Keller Employees:
As you are aware, we use SafeSchools to deliver most of our district compliance training. Starting June 8, courses will be released to all continuing KISD employees.
You will receive an email directly from SafeSchools containing an invitation to begin your training at that time. The due date for your compliance training will be before the first day of the ‘15-‘16 school year.
In an effort to reduce the amount of time needed to complete your training, we have made the assessments immediately available for the following courses:
· General Ethics in the Workplace
· Online Safety – Predators
· Copyright Infringement
The coursework for those quizzes are provided under Suggested Training as a resource and are not required to complete to receive credit.
You may access SafeSchools at any time using K-Cloud, the link provided in your email invitation, or the link below:
For support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentative Teacher Work Week - August 17-21
- Monday, August 17 - Campus Day
- Tuesday, August 18 - Half of the day will be devoted to new teacher evaluation system. The other half of the day will be convocation or campus
- Wednesday, August 19 - District Day…New ELA curriculum and overview & training for all teachers who teach ELA. There has been a request for specialized training for our non-ELA instructional staff
- Thursday, August 20 - Teacher Work Day
- Friday, August 21 - Half campus & half district (new social studies curriculum)
Note: With so little campus PD time available, there will not be time built into the schedule for working on Safe Schools