Bath County Middle School
Friday, May 7, 2021
- Students do need to login daily and check every class for assignments if you are remaining virtual.
- Students the school is not offering packets to students for your classwork. All classwork has to be done either virtual or in person.
- Here are the dates for KPREP Testing dates: May 6th and 7th Virtual Kids will come in to the school for testing and makeups.
- All virtual students should be here by 8:05 on their designated testing day. 6th Grade should be ready for pickup at 12:30. 7th Grade should be ready for pickup at 2:00 pm. 8th Grade should be ready for pickup at 3:00 pm. We are going to try and have all drop offs and pickups in the front at this time. Please make sure you bring your chromebook and have a mask.
- BCMS is excited to be offering extra assistance in Social Studies and Science this Saturday. On May 8, Saturday School will take place from 9-2 and lunch will be provided. Your child will need to bring a mask and their chromebook. Students will be dropped off and picked up at the rear entrance of the building. A teacher will call you back to confirm your child is on the schedule. If your child is in need of extra assistance in either of these areas, please fill out the following form:
- Attention all 8th grade Talent Search students: You should have received an application for our 8th grade Summer Camp in the mail. We will be exploring Louisville KY from July 30th to August 1st, 2021 with many fun activities planned at no cost to you! Deadlines for applications are May 14th, 2021. If you did not receive your application or have any questions, please contact Crystal Riddle at email@example.com or 606-336-2647.
- BCMS Volleyball Banquet will be held on May 16, 2021 at 1:30 in the BCMS Cafeteria. Please enter through the back door by the cafeteria.
- Due to scheduling difficulties the Bath County Middle/High School Volleyball camp dates have been moved and finalized for July 29, 30,31. The cost is $165. Please contact Coach Blount if you need more details 606-782-5719.
- BCMS Softball Ladycats will be in action at Morgan County on Wednesday, May 12, 2021. The first game will begin at 6:00 pm. Good Luck Ladycats!
Breakfast, May 7: Donuts (Assorted), Grapes, and Milk
Lunch, May 7: Chili Dogs, French Fries, Carrot Sticks, Applesauce, Milk
Breakfast, May 10: Cereal (Assorted), Poptart, Apple, Orange Juice, Milk
Lunch, May 10: Cheeseburger on Bun, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle, Potato Smiles, Peach Cup, Milk
The cafeteria staff will be around to each room passing out fruit snacks at 1:30 pm. They will be placed outside your door and once the snacks are removed please place the basket outside your door so the janitors can pick it up. Thank you!
- On Monday, May 17, the 8th Grade team will be holding a drive through promotion for our 8th Grade students. After much careful consideration, we felt that it would be the best way to recognize and celebrate the accomplishment of ALL of our students, both in-person, and virtual. They will be offering three times to drive-through, in order to keep traffic congestion as minimal as possible. you can visit the link attached to this post https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qh3RSeACkmKLSSmdhVnnviN1kQ3p1Yiu795EXf2Mi0Y/edit?usp=sharing and sign up for a 4:30, 5:30, or 6:30 timeslot. There are 40 spots available at each time, so once one is full, it will be removed as an option: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenZ80rpPN1c6cJGM2IamOTYZaZRwJ9UQjBVT64Nrhx_zz8wA/viewform. Everyone will drive through at their designated time and will receive a promotion certificate and a small gift without having to leave our vehicle! Please know that we will not have our items ready and available if you do not sign up, so a sign up is required. This will keep traffic moving as smoothly as possible. With the continually high number of Covid-19 cases in Bath County, and the quarantines that go along with that, we felt this would be the most inclusive way to allow all students to participate. This way, even students who are quarantined will be able to be included and celebrated, which is an option that wouldn't be available with an in-person event. We know this year has been full of changes and challenges and we thank you for your support in helping our child achieve this milestone in their education.
- There will be NO 8th Grade In person Promotion ceremony on May 20.
- 2021 BCMS Yearbooks are on sale NOW!! Yearbook sales are only online this year. Order yours today at www.Balfour.com, Yearbooks are $30. Last day to order is Friday, May 7.
- Camp Webb will be held on July 19-23, 2021 Summer fun for Kentucky 4th-6th graders on Grayson Lake. The cost of $225. Register and pay online only FW.KY.Gov No mail-ins or other types of payment accepted. Contact Morgan Bahl 606-369-8367.
- There will be no more tutoring after school on Tuesdays,and Thursdays. There will also be no more Wednesday tutoring sessions with Mrs. Shrout, and Mrs. Stone as well.
- Health & Physical Education Mr. Knox 3rd-4th Term Google Classroom Codes
- 6th Grade: 7f37ibd, 7th Grade: dd4sl4s, 8th Grade: qwr4ska
- Gear Up Kentucky Jr. Stem Summer Academy
- GEAR UP is providing a Free 4-day STEM +(Science, Technology, Engineering, Math + Healthcare) Academy for 7th and 8th grader students. This FREE 4-day academy will engage students in fun, hands-on activities to increase their knowledge of STEM + H. Jr. STEM Academy is being held at Maysville Community and Technical College: Rowan Campus, June 21-24. Below is a mock schedule of what projects students will be working on each day. For those who are interested or for more information, please contact your College and Career Coach, Cheryl Slone at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: June 21-24, 2021
Schedule: Day 1: Rowan campus= 10 minute coding projects
Day 2: Rowan campus = Mood Ring
Day 3: Rowan campus = Rover Activities
Day 4: Rowan campus = Campus Showcase
- Parents please remember if your child has tested positive for the Covid 19 or been quarantined to report that information to your child's school.
Quote of the day: "One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say." Bryant H. McGill
The Title I program at Bath County Schools promotes the belief that all children can learn and acknowledges that parents share the school’s commitment to educational success for all students. We recognize that a student’s education is a responsibility shared by school, family, students, and community. District staff and staff within Title I schools work jointly to ensure effective involvement of parents and the success of the students in reaching high academic standards.
BATH COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL
Todd Neace Principal
Misty Johnson Assistant Principal
Hillary Lewis Counselor
Kaye Wells YSC
Missy Vincent Bookkeeper
Crystal Fields Attendance Clerk
Tracye Botts Receptionist