Week of 2/21-2/24
Another great week is behind us. Here are some highlights from the last week:
- Valentine's Day Parties - Tuesday marked the day for our last set of classroom parties for the 2016-17 school year. I know you are all heartbroken about it, but seriously...I am open to having classroom Easter parties :)
- PRESS pilot - Amy Thacher and I came around and met with all of the teachers who are piloting the PRESS materials on Wednesday. We had some great conversations and I am very excited to see the implementation of these interventions. I think there is a tremendous amount of potential for our students to show some growth and increase their proficiency. If you are piloting the PRESS materials, please remember that Lisa and I are available to provide fidelity checks and help you work through the materials.
- Spring pictures - Well...that did not go as planned. I wouldn't necessarily call it a highlight, but thank you for your flexibility and ability to go with the flow. I made my recommendation to Interstate to look for some different options for spring pictures next year. A BIG thank you to Bryan Kies!! With Kathy, Rhett, and I tied up subbing in classrooms, Bryan helped make arrangements for lunch and specials. Thank you Bryan!!
Week of 2/21 - 2/24
Amy Thacher returns
For those of you who are piloting the PRESS materials or have questions regarding FAST interventions, progress monitoring, etc. Amy Thacher will be here from 8:00-12:00.
Progress monitoring training
For our SPED team, there is a progress monitoring training at the Middle School library. This is for all SPED teachers in the district. The training will start at 2:00 and go until 3:30. The session is facilitated by GPAEA Special Education consultants and will provide review of the 4-point decision making rule along with the use of trend lines when working with student data. They will offer guidance on alterable variables and when it is appropriate to alter each to improve instruction.
Birthday Lunch and Bookstore
Next Friday, our PTO will be sponsoring the monthly birthday lunch and bookstore.
End of Trimester 2 / Grades due
Friday, February 24 will mark the end of the trimester. Please have all grades entered by Friday. I will be reviewing report cards the following week with you and will have them ready to be sent home on Friday, March 3rd.
- 3/1 - Kindergarten Character Counts @ 8:15
- 3/3 - Report cards sent home
- 3/3 - Chief Change Champ pizza lunch
- 3/3 - Trimester 2 awards assembly