The Natives' News
January 22, 2022
County Tournament Action at ARDMORE HIGH SCHOOL!
- 01/22 - ELHS MS Boys 11:15 vs Tanner
- 01/22 - ELHS JV Boys 2:15 vs West
- 01/22 - ELHS V. Girls 4:00 vs Elkmont
- 01/22 - ELHS V. Boys 5:30 vs West
Congratulations to ELHS Girls Bowling Team for placing 2nd and ELHS Boys Bowling Team for placing 3rd in Regionals! ELHS Girls and Boys Bowling Teams advance to STATE!!!
As a winter project for the 2022 East Limestone FBLA club, we will be collecting items for the non-profit organization, “Room in the Inn Shoals”. “Room in the Inn Shoals” is a winter homeless shelter located in Florence, Alabama that is open each winter from November-March. All donations are due by February 27th.
Supply Wish List
- Backpacks (New or Gently Used)
- Android Phone Chargers
- Cheap Headphones
- Used Sweatshirts or Sweatpants (M, L, XL)
- Hoodies (M, L, XL, 2X)
- Individual Drink Mix Packets for water (like Crystal Light, etc.)
- Slim Jims
- Granola Bars
- Vienna Sausages
- Fruit Cups
- Subway, McDonalds, Taco Bell gift cards $5-$10
Cell phones are prohibited during class unless they are being used for instructional purposes. The teacher will communicate the need for a cell phone to the students. Otherwise, cell phones are to be placed in the designated area directed by the teacher. If there is no designated area, cell phones are to remain in the student's pocket, purse, backpack, or locker on silent. No cell phones in sight during instructional time. Additionally, cell phones are not allowed in the restrooms for ANY reason. Confiscated cell phones will need to be picked up at the High School front office by a parent/guardian. If a parent/guardian needs to get in touch with a student immediately, please call the office and the student will be located. If a student needs to contact a parent/guardian during class time, the student must come to the Office to make that call.
ELHS Baseball 2022
ELHS 2021-2022 Basketball Schedule
ELHS 2022 Wrestling Schedule:
PowerSchool SIS Student and Parent Quick Start Guide
Parent Guide to Schoology
General, Weather, and Emergency Messaging System
Limestone County Schools uses SchoolMessenger Emergency Management Notification System. We send both voice and email messages. Please make sure that your contact (both primary phone number and email address) information is updated at the school level.
Press # during the call to place the broadcast on hold for 2 minutes until you are ready to listen.
Press 1 if you are having trouble hearing the message and it will restart.
Limestone County Emergency Brochure
Semester Exam Policy - Student Handbook pg. 37
- 90 or above with 5 or fewer excused absences during the semester,
- 80 or above with 3 or fewer excused absences during the semester, or
- 75 or above with 2 or fewer excused absences during the semester.
Exemptions are determined by class period.
First priority meets on Mondays at 7:30 in Mrs. Laura Haggenmaker's room, high school room 10. ALL students are invited to attend!
Starting Monday, August 30th, no cash/change will be given back to students in the lunchroom. Please make sure your student has the exact amount. Any extra will be added to his/her lunch account.
Click below to see what's going on with ELHS Agriscience & FFA!!!
Student Pick-up reminders:
- 6th grade students are to be picked up outside the 6th grade hallway.
- 7th/8th grade students are to be picked up outside the 7th/8th grade hallway.
- Please do not stop outside the lunchroom to pick up students. This causes traffic to backup on East Limestone Road.
- High school students' parents need to park in the parking lot in front of the old gym. High school students will come to you.
- Please do not park in Tabs parking lot and tell your student(s) to walk across the street to you. This is a safety issue. It also disrupts the flow of traffic in the afternoons making it more difficult to dismiss buses and to get other parents on campus to pick up students.
Airpods, earbuds, and headphones are not allowed in the classroom(s), unless requested by the teacher, or hallways! Confiscated airpods, earbuds, or headphones will have to be picked up by a parent/guardian.
Masks are required on all Limestone County school buses. Masks are recommended but not mandatory in the school buildings.
The school day begins at 7:55am and ends at 3:02pm for students. Students may be dropped off at 7:30AM.
Breakfast and lunch is free for all students.
East Limestone High School's Vision
East Limestone High School's Mission
Student Technology Reminders:
Username = firstname lastname (Ex. rikki wise - There is a SPACE between first and last name.)
Password = first initial last initial last four digits of state id twice (Ex. rw12341234 - A student's state id is NOT their social security number. Please contact the school if your student does not know what numbers to use.)
- Google Classroom Reminder = Students CANNOT login to Google Classroom with a personal Gmail account. If they are on a personal device, they have to make sure they are logged out of their personal account before trying to login to Google Classroom.
Public Service Announcements:
Please remember: Faxes or emails are not allowed for students to check out. A signed, written note must be turned into the front office in the morning and/or a parent/guardian must check the student out in person.
Food for Thought:
Ways to stay In-The-Know:
-Talk to your student! Chances are, they know more than they are sharing.
-Email your student's teachers and/or administrators
-Call your student's teachers, administrators, and/or our WONDERFUL office staff
(Make sure you keep your contact information up-to-date so we can give you a call back!)
-Request a conference. Sometimes face-to-face is the best way to have a conversation.
-If your student's teachers offer REMIND - sign up!
-Check out our school's website - eastlimestonehigh.org
-Make sure to look at the "Natives' News" on our website for up-to-date and future information.
-Follow East Limestone on Twitter - @limestone_east
-School-wide All Calls
-Get an Inow/Chalkable account set up
-Ask your student if his/her teachers are using Google Classroom, have them SHOW you.
-Check out the East Limestone PTO page on Facebook. Please remember that we are a FAMILY. Keep it positive. We are working hard to create, not only, a safe, loving, learning environment for our students, but also, a working environment where our teachers and staff are as supported as our students. Again, if you have a question, just ask.