A Peek at our Week
Mrs. DeCook's Class 9/8-9/11
- Last week I met with all students about their reading journal homework spiral. Please make sure you know what day your child's journal is due. They must read for 100 minutes, complete a journal entry, and get a parent signature. All of this information was sent to parents in an email as well.
- Characteristics of Realistic Fiction
- Point of View
- Plot: Characters and Setting
- Plot: Problems
- Six Traits: Idea, Organization, Voice, Word Choice, Fluency, Convention, Presentation
- Drafting (Narrative or Expository story from last week)
- Imogene's Last Stand- exercising rights as citizens, how to become part of our government, who are our leaders, how can we contact them?
- 1st Responders Day- why are they so important in our society?
- My website is up and running, but I am still learning how to add to it. I will email you the link as soon as it is ready.
- This Wednesday evening from 4-8, please stop by The Shack on Telge to support our PTO. A portion of the profits from the evening will be donated to our PTO. I will be there around 6 with my family!
- Curriculum Night is Monday, September 21st with two sessions: 5:30-6:30 and again from 6:30-7:30. Please make sure you attend one of the sessions.
- Our class could greatly benefit from old board games/word games such as Scrabble, Boggle, Apples to Apples Jr, etc. If you are able to donate a game, it would be great!
- Reading journals (homework spirals) are due this week. Make sure you know what day your child's homework is due. It is labeled on the outside of the spiral.