What They Do
The guy on the right is testing some thing he made for the sport of baseball. They design, test, see how the can make it better, then execute the plan. The other cool part is you can test your design with top athletes. You are like the test pilot!
Start at 2:20
Degree and Responsibility
Some responsibility they have are:
- Designing systems for testing such as impact;
- building and testing prototypes;
- analyzing the human body to prevent injury;
- developing or designing new light weight materials that will be more comfortable and help with impact.
- creating human friendly systems so that manufacturing is easier and they can produce more product faster and easier;
- developing software or hardware to aid in pressure or impact detection analysis;
- and much more!
Where they Work and the Future
There is going to be a demand for this job because people are always trying to make sports safer and people are always looking for the new technology that will help athletes around the globe.
Start at 3:29
I would love to be a sports engineer. I love sports and I would like to help make sports more fun and safe for people of all ages. I think it would be cool to work with major athletes and share the love of sports.