Banning Lewis Academy Newsletter
Information for Kindergarten-12th Grade (May 13, 2022)
What's Happening at BLA!
- We had such a fun week at the Ranch with our Kindergarten in Cupcakes event, 5th Grade Celebration Night and walk up to the Prep, and the GT Expo Night. It is so wonderful to be able to celebrate all the learning and growth we have made this year! We are so proud of our students and all their accomplishments.
Upcoming Events – We hope to see you soon!
May 16th – 20th Book Fair
May 17th Board of Directors Meeting at 6pm
May 20th Student of the Month Pancake Breakfast
May 24th Field Day (see newsletter for more information)
May 25th 5th Grade Promotion
May 26th Kinder Graduation
May 26th Last Day of School – 1pm Dismissal
Prep-MS/ HS:What we have been up to …
- Both middle school and high school had their final assemblies for the year!
- The 5th graders were able to come up and take a tour of the Prep and have a fun assembly – we can’t wait to have them in the middle school!
- We had both choir and band concerts this week. Thank you to Mr. Jones for showcasing our amazing students!
- May 18th: Senior Breakfast
- May 20th: Senior Dodgeball and Walkthrough at the Ranch
- May 23rd – May 26th: Finals Week
- May 24th: Parent Engagement Night
- May 25th: 8th Grade Promotion and Dinner/Dance
- May 26th: Senior Sunset
- May 27th: High School Graduation
Monday, May 23
1st Period Final 7:45 - 9:50
2nd Period Final 9:55 - 11:45
Tuesday, May 24
3rd Period Final 7:45 - 9:50
4th Period Final 9:55 - 11:45
Wednesday, May 25
5th Period Final 7:45 - 9:50
6th Period Final 9:55 - 11:45
Thursday, May 26
7th Period Final 7:45 - 9:50
8th Period Final 9:55 - 11:45
D49 Nutrition Services Update
BLA Staff Spotlight: Ms. Heather Bowen, 2nd Grade Teacher
Hello! My name is Heather Bowen, and this is my second year teaching 2nd grade at BLRA. I love working at BLRA because we are a Capturing Kids' Hearts school, and that means that caring relationships are at the core of what we do each day. I love hearing about the good things happening in my students' lives, and watching my students grow throughout the year brings me joy! I've also been a reading interventionist and taught 1st, 4th, and 5th grade. When I'm not teaching, I love to hang out with my 4-year old daughter and boxer pup, hike, rock climb, lift weights, do yoga, dance, read, and watch Star Trek. The craziest thing I've ever done was bungee jumping in New Zealand!
BLA Strategic Plan
The Strategic Blueprint are the guardrails being used by the BLA Board of Directors and the BLA school leaders to align leadership and improvement efforts. The BLA board is focused on effective governance and the school leaders are focused on operational leadership. Please review the high-level overview. The status of each objective will be reported on during board sessions in the near future.
Join us in building our organization's future!