Peek at the Week
Need to Know News
Tardy Check-in or Early Leave
Please note that all students that come in late or checked out early will now have to sign in and out on the computer. Students will be receiving a computer generated tardy slip. Please make note of the change.
BSE will be collecting items for flood victims in the lower part of our state. Many fellow schools are collecting water.....we will be collecting can food/nonperishable items and baby wipes. Please join us in supporting our neighbors in need.
Read Your Way to the Big Game
BSES students will have the opportunity to participate in a Clemson vs Carolina reading competition. Contest participants are entered to win 4 tickets to the Clemson vs. Carolina game, sideline passes, and pre-game activities!
A parent letter/log will go home on Monday, September 29th.
1. Choose which team your child will read for and check the box on the log - your child may only choose one team.
2. Help your child complete the 6 book log as they read throughout the month of October.
3. Turn in the log to your child’s teacher by Friday, November 6th.
We would love to have 100% school participation and an overall BIG winner....we are reading everyday anyway!
Monday, October 12
- Hearing/Vision Screenings Begin
- Good News Club Meets (2:15-3:30)
- BSHS Teacher Cadets to visit BSES (8:00-9:15)
- Revis, Atkins, Horan on Field Trip
- 3rd Grade Field Trip Rescheduled
- Connect Spartanburg forms go home with students without email addresses
Tuesday, October 13
- English, Pepper, J. Johnson on Field Trip
- School Board Meeting/Honor Choir to perform
- Book Fair Begins for students
Wednesday, October 14
- Math Coaches Meet at BSE
Thursday, October 15
- 3rd Field Trip
- Great Shake Out (10:15)
- School Improvement Council Meets (3:00)
Friday, October 16
- Spirit Day
- Make-up Picture Money Due
- Fall Fundraiser Celebration
- K Field Trip
Yearbooks on Sale!
Yearbooks will be available for purchase online starting September 14. We will make them available online through March 31. The cost is 15.00. You will need to follow the link below and enter the school code 21001.
For your convenience, you are also able to pay your child's lunch balance online. Once you get on the webpage, click to sign up. It will guide you through choosing the state and school district. Please click on the link below.
19-2nd Grade Field Trip (Thornton, Mitchell, Cumbo),
Pumpkin Book Character Due,
Watershed for K5
20-Fall District Office Visit,
Report Cards go home,
Book Fair Family Night (3:30-6:00),
Pumpkin Vote Begins
21-Last Day of Book Fair,
2nd Grade Testing
22-Honor Choir to perform at Upstate Stand Down,
Fall Carnival (4:00-6:30),
2nd Grade Testing
26-30-Red Ribbon Week
26-Watershed for 2nd Grade
27-Watershed for 2nd,
D2 Chorus Registration (3:30-6)
28-2nd Grade Testing
29-Last Day of Pumpkin Vote,
30-Award's Day (1-12:30, 2-1:00, 3-1:30),
signed papers go home,
P. Pups Celebration
4-2nd Grade Testing,
Holiday Picture Day
5-2nd Grade Testing,
Terrific Kid (8:30),
Chick-fil-a Spirit Night (4:30-8)
Clemson/Carolina log due
A Day in the Life @ BSE
PLEASE SURE THAT YOU ARE SIGNED UP TO RECEIVE TEXT! To receive school reminders, please text @bsesn to 1-443-345-1126