SPECIAL EDITION - NOVIEMBRE 9, 2017
Parents, please periodically check the school district's facebook page to view Fronteras' special event photos
- All students grades K-8 MUST have full winter gear EVERY DAY while at school. Winter gear is required for daily recess. We want ALL students prepared should we have an emergency that requires us to be outside for any period of time. Please help your child learn a routine for bringing winter gear EVERY DAY, regardless of their grade level.
- If students do not have proper winter gear for recess, they will borrow winter items from Lost and Found.
- NO STUDENT CELL PHONE USE during school hours. The parent may pick up the phone from the front office should a student choose to violate that school policy. Phones will not be returned directly to students.
- Sleds are not allowed during recess yet. We will let all students know when we feel there is enough snow to protect both the grass on the hill and bodies, should students tumble off the sleds on the way down the hill.
- Please remind your children to not lick the various metal poles on the playground.
WHEN FRONTERAS PRACTICES THEIR EMERGENCY DRILLS THAT REQUIRE EXITING THE BUILDING, STUDENTS, STAFF AND ALL GUESTS MUST MOVE WITH PURPOSE! THERE CAN BE NO LOLLYGAGGING, AS WE MUST PRACTICE THE WAY WE INTEND TO BEHAVE!
Nacho Monday is here!
Thank you for supporting the middle school trip to Puerto Rico!
A Message from the APC Board!
Hola Fronteras families! Thanks so much to all the families who participated in the first week of our Parent Spanish classes and Spanish Chat. This is something that parents have been requesting for years and we are so happy to help make that happen! From my personal perspective I can say that it was one of the most joyful moments I have had at our school thus far. Both with Olga Nariño’s Spanish conversation time and Sr. McBride’s Spanish class, it was so awesome to sit down with other families, all with the desire for knowledge, growth and support of our children. Some of the reasons expressed for wanting to learn Spanish were; travel, love of the language, love of learning, want to help younger children with school work, and many agreed that we don’t want our kids making diabolical plans in Spanish that we don’t understand! I loved the honesty and willingness of families to let down their guard, not feel embarrassed and just jump right in. Wether you are a beginner, or maybe a little further down that learning path, we are all in this together and the APC Board is happy to support you in these efforts! Thank you to Sra. Nariño, Sr. McBride and Sr. Neilson for giving of their time and effort to support our school and language learning. ¡Que Bien!
APC Board Chair
2017 Fronteras Holiday Bazaar
For more information or to find out how to rent a vendor table please contact Becka Lopez at 715-7337 or visit our website at www.matsuk12.us/frc. Informational forms are also available at the front desk!
Mat-Su Special Santa Program
The Mat-Su Special Santa is the largest gift giving program in the Valley. It started in 1997 with 90 children receiving gifts. Last Christmas the program brought toys, winter wear, books, sporting equipment and blankets to over 3,760 Valley children from 1,279 families. Now in its 21st year the program has given gifts to over 31,000 children in the Valley. Special Santa is under the umbrella of Alaska Family Services, a 501c3 Non-Profit Charity.
The magic of this program is that every donation makes a huge difference and 100% of it goes to help the families. For more information you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.specialsanta.net. Forms are hanging on the white board in the school lobby.
This year, Fronteras Spanish Immersion is providing a TreeRing yearbook! Here are three reasons we chose TreeRing:
* Custom Yearbooks: Every student gets a one of a kind printed copy containing two free pages to customize with personal photos.
* Green Yearbooks: TreeRing plants a tree in our school’s name when you purchase a book and prints on recycled paper.
* Beautiful Yearbooks: All yearbooks are gorgeously printed in full color using the highest end print production available.
YOU CAN PURCHASE AND PERSONALIZE YOUR Fronteras Spanish Immersion YEARBOOK BY CLICKING HERE:
A few important facts:
* Your personalized yearbook only costs $20.00.
* You’ll need to purchase your copy and complete your free personal pages by March 27.
* Your 2 free custom pages are optional, if you don’t customize you’ll receive a standard yearbook.
Get started by clicking on this link:
If you need help, please contact email@example.com