October 13-16, 2015
THIS WEEK AT THE CREEK...
Oct 12th: NO SCHOOL
Oct 13th-15th: CoGat Testing for 3rd Grade in the mornings
**Oct 13th: Dr. Waldrip is on campus @ 2:30pm
Oct 14th: Team Leader Meeting @ 3:15pm
Oct 16th: 5th Grade Finance Fair in Library
Oct 16th: DCE Fall Family Picnic 5:00-9:00pm (all staff to attend at least 1 hour)
Oct 19th: Data Day with Shannon during Conference Times
Oct 19th: Schoology Training...sign up in Eduphoria
Oct 19th: Love and Logic Training in DCE Library 6:00 to 7:30pm
Oct 20th: Site Visits...I'll let you know if DCE is one
Oct 20th: DLI Educator Meeting @ DCE in Library 3:15-4:30pm
Oct 21st: RtI Tier 2 Meetings during conference time
Oct 21st: Picture Retake Day
Oct 21st: 5th Grade Finance Fair in Library 9:30-10:00am
Oct 22nd: RtI Tier 2 Meeting (if needed)
Oct 23rd: Last Day of 1st 9 Weeks! Spirit Rally @ 8:15am in Gym
Oct 23rd: Kinder Field Trip
Oct 26-30th: Red Ribbon Week: Schedule of Daily Events coming soon!!
Oct 26th: Pot Luck!! Hosted by C Hallway
Oct 26th: RtI Tier 3 Meetings during conference times
Oct 26th: Vertical Team Meetings: 3:15 to 4:30pm
Oct 26th: Love and Logic 6:00 to 7:30pm in DCE Library
Oct 28th: K-2nd DLI Educator Vertical Planning Day
Oct 29th: 3-5th DLI Educator Vertical Planning Day
Oct 29th: 1st Grade Music Program: 8:30am for DCE/6:30pm for Parents in Cafeteria
**Oct 30th: 1st DCE Parent Learning Walk!! 7:50 to 10:00am
Oct 30th: REPORT CARDS GO HOME
Oct 30th: 2nd and 5th Grade Pumpkin Math 8:50-10:00am in Cafeteria
Oct 30th: Kinder Fall Festival Stations: 1:00pm?? in rooms
Oct 31st: CLOCKS FALL BACK AN HOUR at 12:00am!
GROWTH MINDSET IDEA OF THE WEEK
2. Barbara will be emailing which part of the Character documentation your team will be gathering. Please let Barbara, Tricia, or myself know if you have any problems or questions.
3. Let Tricia know ASAP if you do not have your emergency exit map posted in your room. Remember this map should be posted by the door and EASY to see!
4. Remember last year EVERYONE received the special magnet to prop your door open. Doors should remained locked throughout the day. A magnet would be tossed in case of a lock down. If you do not have a magnet, let Margareta know.
5. Thank you to the teams who let me know what they might like for the Write a Check campaign. If you did not do so, it is not too late!
6. Don't forget to nominate one of your students for the Coppell Ed Foundation "Star Student" Award! You can also nominate a fellow educator!! DEADLINE Oct 23rd!!
CELEBRATE...the HIGH engagement that you see as you walk the building!!
CELEBRATE...Kathy, Shelby, Allison, Chela, Morgan, Jessica, Emily, Jeannie, and Tricia (and Eddie at the high school) for making sure all of our 5th graders had a FUN SAFE learning experience at Sky Ranch!! The memories they made because of your efforts will last a lifetime!!
CELEBRATE...an excellent learning experience for our PreK-2nd Graders from the Coppell Fire Department!! No clowning around with them! :)
CELEBRATE...AMAZING Fall Learner-Led Conferences!! Soooo many parents with positive feedback!!
CELEBRATE...the AMAZING TEAM effort everyone demonstrated Monday at our faculty meeting to brainstorm the areas of character at DCE!! You all are the BEST!!
Oct 4th: Barbara Larsen
Oct 9th: Aspen Adams
Oct 18th: Kim Drawbaugh
Oct 31st: Lizzie Hartman
ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL!!
TEAM MEMBER OF THE WEEK: Alison Wilkinson!!
Thank you Alison for working to ensure that all of your learners are successful...especially those that require more creative thinking on your part!! Appreciate your collaboration with your teaching partner as well!!
TEAM MEMBER OF THE WEEK: Sissy Shephard!!
Thank you Sissy for working to ensure that all of your learners are successful...especially those that require more creative thinking on your part!! Appreciate your collaboration with your teaching partner as well!!
TEAM MEMBER OF THE WEEK: Shelby Burger!!
Thank you Shelby for your leadership on campus with all things science! (and...at the district level as well!)