Cougar Ridge Elementary E-news
May 31 - No School, Memorial Day
June 1 - Streetside Singalong, Lewis Creek Park, 5:00 pm
June 2 - All CR Library Books Due!
June 3 - Streetside Singalong, Newcastle Commons, 5:00 pm
June 7-11- Spirit Week - Stay Tuned
June 8 - Streetside Singalong, Belvedere Park, 5:00 pm
June 10 - Streetside Singalong, Cougar Ridge Elementary, 5:00 pm
June 16 - 5th Grade Promotion, Location/Time TBD
June 17 - Last Day of School
All Library Books Due Weds., June 2nd
Dear Cougar Ridge Students and Families -
This is a reminder that all library books are due back to Cougar Ridge by Wednesday, June 2nd (next week). Books can be returned early too! Please bring books to our library book return cart in front of the library doors inside the school or students can place them in the library return cart in front of the library. Let's all get our books returned!
Cougar Ridge Street Side Sing-a-Longs
The Streetside Singalongs are just a few weeks away, and we are looking forward to making music with as many of you as possible. Please choose which location is nearest you, and if you’re up for “seconds”, come to Cougar Ridge to wrap up the series with us!
We will be spacing family groups 7 feet apart (find an empty hula hoop), and we will be wearing masks for the comfort of all. Here are more details about each park.
1. Tuesday, June 1 at 5 p.m.- Lewis Creek Park- We will be using the basketball courts and grassy area just east of the parking area. If the lot is full, there is a little parking on Lakemont. Better yet- make it a nice walk from home.
2. Thursday, June 3 at 5 p.m.- Newcastle Commons- We’re in the “center of town” at Newcastle Commons. Make an evening of it by enjoying the music, then stroll along the shops nearby. Some parking is available- please make sure you are in a public (usually 2 hour) space.
3. Tuesday, June 8 at 5 p.m.- Belvedere Park- There is no public parking at the park, but just west of the park is 166th Way SE, where lots of streetside parking is available- then it’s just a short walk up the hill.
4. Thursday, June 10 at 5 p.m.- Cougar Ridge Elementary School- In the spirit of walking to get together, please park on SE 46th Street. We hope for our largest safely-spaced group here, and will be using the parking lot for all of the musicians and their families.
One of our “everybody” songs will have a percussion element to it, and we are asking students to find things at home that they can play a nice beat or rhythm with- a can or bottle, spoons, a box or bucket…look around and see what interesting soundmakers you can find!
Mrs. Hembree Thanks You!!!
Want to still donate? Please do! This spring Mrs. Hembree created an Amazon Wish List with titles she would love to add to our school library shelves. This wish list came about as a result of a loss of books last spring due to the emergency school closure as well as a desire for students to still participate in the Gift-A-Book program during remote and hybrid learning. All books purchased through the site will be delivered directly to Cougar Ridge.
The Amazon Wish List can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2D8GLM0J3TRSZ?ref_=wl_share
Many thanks from Mrs. Hembree!
5th Grade Promotion Update
Warm Weather Reminders: Dress Code and Bicycles on Campus.
- Revealing clothing such as low-cuts, cut-outs, belly-button showing, spaghetti strapped attire; sagging pants; and tight clothing are not allowed.
- Straps on tops must pass the “three finger” (child-size) width test. If the strap is narrower than three fingers, the top must have another shirt to cover it.
- Shorts and skirts may not be shorter than the student’s fingers when arms and hands are extended down their sides.
- Bare or stocking feet or flimsy footwear (like flip-flops) are not allowed.
- Hats, caps, or other head coverings, and sunglasses are allowed to be worn outdoors, but not in the school building.
Bicycle and Scooter: Children in grades K-2 may bike to school only when accompanied to and from school by a parent/guardian. Those children in grades 3-5 may ride to school unaccompanied. All children must wear helmets. All children must walk their bicycles off and on the school grounds, using the marked crossings, and are to follow the directions of the school patrol. Bicyclists need to give pedestrians the right of way on the sidewalks. In-line skates, wheelie sneakers, and skateboards are prohibited on school grounds.
Join Mrs. Ilgenfritz for a yoga session this week! Click on the link above.
Marker/Pen/Pencil Recycling at School
The Cougar Ridge Green Team and PTSA are proud to announce a Cougar Ridge marker/pen/pencil recycling bin. It will be housed outside the front door. To help the Earth please be sure to only put pens, markers and pencils in this box. Thanks for doing your part to help our planet!! 💚🌍💚
PurposeFull People - Cooperation
This month's trait will be Respect. During this time of year our students start to exhibit behaviors that they might not show at other times. They start to feel a little too comfortable and say something that isn't respectful to you or their classmates. So, let's take the time to reinforce how important it is to be respectful to each other and ourselves.
Click here for conversation starters, family challenges, reading recommendations, and a poster to remind your Bobcat that respect means seeing the good in people and things and treating them with care.
Cougar Ridge News - Student Broadcast
Join the Cougar Ridge PTSA
The PTSA will be working to see how best we can support our students and community as plans for remote learning are being implemented. CR Together, We Got This!
To join, please click here.
Meal Pickup Schedule Change for Memorial Day
We will not provide student meal pickup on Monday, May 31, because of Memorial Day. Instead, we will distribute food for six days’ worth of meals on Monday, May 24 and food for four days’ worth of meals on Tuesday, June 1.
Our meals program provides free breakfasts and lunches for any child 18 and under, available for families to pick up at nine different school locations. Under the regular schedule, pickup for each week is available each Monday from 4 to 6 p.m. See more information about the program here, including a list of all pickup locations.
ECEAP Preschool Enrolling for 2021-22 School Year
New - Academic Grants for Students!
Summer Day Camp
It’s time to think SUMMER CAMP! Register now for Camp ‘Quah, Kindercamp, Mighty Mites, Tennis Camp, Golf Camp, Cheer Camp and Gymnastics Camp…all through Issaquah Parks & Community Services! Details & Online Registration or call us at 425-837-3300.
We’re back in action! Check out all the Spring & Summer Programs through Issaquah Parks & Community Services! Snapology, Karate, Volleyball, Cheer, Gymnastics, Skyhawks Soccer and more!