Liberty Drive Elementary
Moving Our Bus...On the Road to Excellence
On Wednesday, May 11th Crystal Clodfelter will meet with teachers (classroom, EC, ESL, and Reading Specialist) during your planning to assist you in claiming students for Roster Verification. Those who need to attend will be contacted with more information prior to the 11th.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK- THANK YOU
We sent home notes and ConnectEd messages and our parents came through. We have talked about needing to have parents be more involved and last week they proved that they care about what you do for the boys and girls of LDS!
LDS TEACHER OF THE YEAR NOMINATIONS & CRITERIA
EOG SPIRIT WEEK~ May 13-20th
To celebrate how hard our students have worked and get them excited for how well they will do showing what they have learned this year, we will celebrate EOG Spirit Week May 13th-20th.The LDS Student Council has picked the theme for each day. Please encourage your students to participate.
Friday the 13th– Freaky Friday – Wear your clothes backwards or inside out.
Monday, May 16th – Marvel Monday – Dress up as your favorite super hero! Remember the school dress code.
Tuesday, May 17th – Twin Day Tuesday – Find a friend(s) and plan your coordinating outfit
Wednesday, May 18th – We’ve Got This Wednesday! – You’ve studied and worked so hard that your future’s so bright you’re going to pass the EOGs with FLYING COLORS– Wear Neon and Tie Dye Clothes and Sunglasses
Thursday, May 19th – TICKET TO THE RED CARPET THURSDAY! – Dress your best as you strut your stuff down the red carpet to the EOG Pump Up Assembly
Friday, May 20th – Feeling It Friday! – Wear ALL Red and Black to show your School/ Bulldog Nation Pride!
LIBRARY BOOKS ARE DUE MAY 13TH
Please help and encourage your students to find any missing library books. Mrs. Land has sent home overdue notices and she will continue to do so in hopes of help to encourage students to return their books. Please do everything possible and check everywhere for these books. Replacing missing books is very expensive and the money is taken from the LDS budget.
So that Mrs. Land can begin the inventory process, no books can be checked out after May 13th. If there is a book that you need for a lesson Mrs. Land will work with you if you let her know in a timely manner.
TEST ADMINISTRATOR TRAINING
END OF THE YEAR
Soon you will receive the end of the year checklist. It will detail things that you will need to do and/or turn in before the last required workday.
A few quick reminders:
- Please do not label student desks and chairs with your name or room number as you are packing up your classroom. We will soon be shifting furniture to make sure we are ready for testing. We also are working to meet the needs of our growing school population for next year.
- The workdays are for packing your personal items and cleaning your classroom. As soon as you take things down and pack them away, school is out for students in their minds. The only items that should be taken down or packed away prior to the last student day are those things that would be considered inappropriate for a testing environment. Mrs. Varoutsos will share that information during the test administrator training.
- The daily schedule for next year will look different due to the number of rising 4th graders. If you have any scheduling suggestions/ideas please email them to me by Thursday, May the 12th.
- The 4th quarter music production is scheduled for Tuesday, May 17th at 6:30 pm. Classes currently taking music will perform.
- The last day of specials will be Friday, May 27th due to EOG testing.
- There may be adjustment to the specials schedule May 24-26th due to the Science EOG. After we see how things go on the 24th we will be able to make more informed decision.