The Prospector Post
October 8, 2018
Dear Prospector Families,
We celebrated 248 students with perfect attendance on Friday with Pizza with the Principal! Grade level teams are holding informal monthly awards to celebrate classroom successes. YVES passed our William's Inspection with 100% for facilities and student materials. I am proud of our staff, students, families, and volunteers for working so hard to ensure a successful beginning to our school year! Morongo Unified School District has been very supportive of our site and goals. Thank you for being an important part of our successes every day. This is what #YVESGOLD is all about!
Thank you for ensuring that your child is at school from first bell to last bell as we continue the important journey of learning. We look forward to continued success as we see our first quarter come to an end on October 26, 2018.
Celeste Wahlberg, MA, MEd
Yucca Valley Elementary School
Spirit Week and Bingo!
From YVES FFA:
Hey Prospectors! Red Ribbon Week is approaching us - October 22nd through October 26th! We wanted to give all the families plenty of time to know what the themes are for the spirit week.
Monday 10/22: Sock it to drugs: crazy sock day.
Tuesday 10/23: Be a buddy, not a bully: twin, super hero day.
Wednesday 10/24: pink out: observing and acknowledging breast cancer awareness as well.
Thursday 10/25: Team up against drugs: sports day.
Friday 10/26: Put drugs to sleep: pajama day.
Fliers will be going home this week, and posters will be going up around campus next week.
Bingo night is October 26! Save the date! Fliers are coming this week.
- Our parent / student handbook can be found online under Info and Forms: http://www.morongousd.com/yuccavalleyelementaryschool_home.aspx
- In addition to this monthly newsletter, school happenings are posted on our website, Facebook and Instagram! We are working on adding Twitter to our social media communication. #YVESGOLD
- Please remember that there is no supervision on campus and the gates do not open before 9:00 am.
- Please do not send caffeinated beverages or sodas with your child. Snacks should be in individual size bags.
- Electronic devices should not be brought to school. Cell phones should be off and put away.
- We can't wait to start posting more pictures of what's happening at YVES! We've been making sure everyone has had the chance to provide a photo release. Coming SOON!
Forms and Funding
1. Go to http://www.musdns.com
2. Click on SCHOOL FUNDING DATA COLLECTION FORM
3. Click on ROCKETSCAN ONLINE
4. Enter your information and click SUBMIT
BOXTOPS are due October 19 for processing! We send them in twice a year. Thank you for collecting them for our school!
8 Fire Safety Assembly TK-2 10 am
8-11 October PLAYWORKS comes to our school!
9 Fundraiser Assemblies
10 Minimum Day
10-12 Big Smile Clinic (TBD)
17 FFA meeting 4 pm
18 Great American Shake Out - Earthquake drill
19 Friday Flag
20 Saturday Academy
15-26 Math Benchmark
22-26 Red Ribbon Week / Spirit Week
26 End of Quarter
26 BINGO Night!