Meadow Brook Magic
Week 33: April 8th-20th
3rd Grade Program
Mustang Monday Message
I hope you all had a nice weekend! This week we are celebrating Kindness Week. During this week we are encouraging students to do kind acts by having them complete a kindness "to-do" checklist. For more details, see the pictures below. Parents as you catch your students being kind, please take a picture and e-mail it to me. Next week I would love to celebrate all of the good done this week by posting pictures of our students showing kindnesses in our Monday Message.
This week we have our talent-show auditions and our first-round of Springville Tract Meets. Please make sure your children wear running shoes, bring sun-screen and have plenty of water.
This last week we some of our teachers began end of-year testing. We have reminded our students not to stress out about these tests, but to just do the best they can. We use these assessments as a gauge to celebrate things that are going well and to identify areas that we need to improve.
Over Spring Break, I had the opportunity to spend some time exploring Brazil; what a beautiful country and what kind people! While there, I made sure to stop in a few schools. Each time I left, I felt a renewed sense of gratitude for what we have at Meadow Brook...we are so blessed! The school picture below is the school that many of the children K-12 who live on the Amazon River attend for a few hours each day.
April 15th-April 19th Kindness Week & Grade Level Talent Show Auditions
* Tuesday, April 16th: Kindergarten Discovery Gateway, SCC Meeting @ 11:30
* Wednesday, April 17th: 6th Grade Springville Track, District Keyboarding Competition
* Friday, April 19th: 10 am Earthquake Drill, Kinder Egg Drop (11 am & 2:30 pm), 1:20 Sixth Grade Maturation, 2:20 Fifth Grade Maturation
* Wednesday, April 24th: 5th Grade Springville Track, Secretary Day
* Friday, April 26th: Last day of After-School Clubs, 4th grade field trip-Pioneer Park, Mustang Stampede 2:50
Springville Track Meeting Dates:
Wednesday, April 17th 6th Grade
Wednesday, April 24th 5th Grade
Wednesday, May 1st 4th Grade
Wednesday, May 8th 3rd Grade
Don't forget sunscreen, water, and running shoes!