Dutch Fork Elementary
Academy of Environmental Sciences - Week of Jan. 4th -
- We believe all people deserve to feel safe, valued, and loved.
- We believe all children are naturally curious about the world around them.
- We believe learning is a social process.
- We believe inquiry fosters an environment of noticing and questioning.
- We believe in learning from authentic primary and secondary sources.
- We believe in learning from multiple perspectives.
- We believe in encouraging learners to take risks.
- We believe reflection should lead to change and growth.
- We believe reflection should lead to social action.
- We believe our actions should be aligned with our beliefs.
DFES Academic Goals 2015 -2016
- By the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year 65% of 2nd-5th graders will met or exceed their MAP spring reading growth goals.
- By the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year homeroom teachers will have received a minimum of 10 hours of environmental sciences professional development to build teacher capacity and magnet theme implementation.
Happy New Year!
We are thankful for the time given us by Rose Kuskey as our long term substitute in 4th grade which ended December 18.
We are pleased to share that Summer Lane will serve as a 4th grade teacher for the remainder of the year. Summer is a December 2015 graduate of Newberry College. She completed her internship (4th grade) at Prosperity-Rikard Elementary in Newberry.
Please join us in welcoming Summer Lane to DFES.
Our time Tuesday afternoon
Principal's Meeting 1/6/16
Vertical Teams (Curricular Conversations) w/H. Mills
Tuesday, Jan. 12th, 8:15am-2:15pm
S. Somerall's Room
- 8:15 - 9:45 Second and Third Grades
- 10:15 - 12:00 Kindergarten and First Grades (coverage to include time for lunch)
- 12:45 - 2:15 Fourth and Fifth grades
Fourth and Second grades will switch related areas, lunch, and recess schedules.