A healthy vitamin rich supper food!
Vitamins and Minerals
- It has 58.7% vitamin C
- 4.1% vitamin B1
- 6.5% vitamin A
- 7.2% pantothenic
- 6.6% copper
- 5.6% fiber
- 5% potassium
- Eating a grapefruit can lower cholesterol because of the vitamin C.
- Vitamin C can lower the chance of cancer.
- Re-leaf from the flu.
- Also can prevent kidney stones.
Roasted Beet and Grapefruit Salad
- 6 small beets
- 1 medium ruby red grapefruit
- 2 ounces alfalfa sprouts, trimmed
- Salad dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 3 pinches salt
- 10 grinds black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Thyme leaves from 10 delicate sprigs