Digital Media Manager
In order to serve you best in this Manager role, I thought it would be helpful to share a reference list of the three key areas in digital presence that I develop, create, and maintain on behalf of the district.
1) Social media presents the opportunity to break down what we do in a way our community can relate to and truly see all of our positives day in, day out.
I am always looking for ways to leverage social media to tell the department's story so people can understand what we do, why we do it, and how our work benefits students. One way I do this is by visiting the people and document their work to fulfill the LSPS mission. Whether it's showing our staff distributing food to our community, interviewing a student about a science experiment, or building ongoing campaigns and managing district events, showing that we are constantly creating meaningful experiences for the betterment of the people in this district and beyond is necessary.
2) The website is one of the most effective tools a school has to improve communication, engage parents, market its strengths, and build a solid, trusting reputation within its community. It is a one stop shop for information and access to about almost anything.
Located on the district website, you will find quick links, district news, upcoming events, embedded social media, flyer, eNews, and reviews, and quick facts. These are all areas I update and maintain on a regular basis. Last year I completed a website refresh where I spruced it up while leaving the core of the site's functionality intact. The homepage now has fresher content, navigation, illustration, and data visualization.
The website is located at http://lakeshoreschools.org/.
3) Communication is the best way to keep everyone connected and informed about what is going on. In addition to social media and our website, I create an electronic newsletter that is distributed biweekly as a reliable way to communicate with our stakeholders. I am also responsible for sharing messages from district leadership. I work closely with head secretaries in all buildings to manage marquee sign messaging, webpages at the building level, flyers, and advertisements. I also coordinate and collaborate with our incredibly talented Video Productions teacher, Ms. Blaszkowski, to produce district videos!
The district uses SchoolMessenger to communicate across devices and platforms.
4) I plan ongoing campaigns and events on behalf of the district. A list of examples can be found here.
Connections - firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in connecting your students with another class in our district or partnering with a local business? I can assist you with connecting kids with both other kids and our community. Email me with your idea!
There is typically a districtwide event or promotion that you will be asked to voluntarily participate in. SEL activities will continue to remain a focus such as Seasonal Cleanups, Shine on the Shores, and Gratitude Letters.
Have some extra time before or after a conference or event? Play our district videos!
Featured Shorians, our spotlight on people within the Shorian Nation
Flyer Fridays - https://bit.ly/2Z6Lomg
Email me, in image form, any flyers and advertisements for a district audience to me so that I may add them to my slide deck, released every Friday.
Featured Stories - email@example.com
Email me to request my presence inside your classroom to document an experience or to send me videos, photos, and/or a caption of something cool.
Use #myLSPS, #ShorianPride, #PositivityinAction, #SEL freely in everything you post.
Custom postcards are located inside your main office. Feel free to use one (or twenty) to send a good will message to a student.
Slurpee Surprises - https://www.facebook.com/myLSPS/posts/4624250277590913
Submit your nomination(s) for our ongoing character strength recognition campaign.
I am looking for students who would be willing to write a reflection on their participation in a district event or classroom project to be included in our eNews. Do you know someone, with talent and time, that would enjoy serving in this capacity? Send me a name!
I am always open to listen to new ideas that focus on community outreach, event planning, and taking photos and creating videos for public consumption. Do you want to help? Do you have something cool to share? I have brilliant coworkers in every corner of this district willing to assist and I can always use even more!
In short, I am responsible for the following:
- Creating content and executing digital marketing, website, email, social media, and display advertising
- Contacting individuals representing other departments or outside organizations for marketing, public relations and event planning