RRSD Community Update
March 9, 2022
Classified Employee Appreciation Week:
The education of our students is essential to the future of our community and our world. Classified employees have a big role in providing the best education we can to our students.
Classified employees work directly with students, educators, parents and others to help our students. They support the smooth operation of offices, the safety and maintenance of buildings and property, and they provide safe transportation and direct instruction to students.
These last two years have been challenging, and our classified employees have done much great work to help us navigate this pandemic. The District Office and the School Board appreciate all the work our classified employees have done to support our schools and our students.
Please take some time this week to join us in celebrating and thanking all of our classified employees for their hard work and dedication.
Mask and COVID-19 Updates:
On March 8, the RRSD School Board decided that we would become masks optional starting on March 12, 2022. This move aligns with the latest relaxation of masking rules in Oregon. This means that masks will be optional for all students and staff in District buildings and on District transportation. During the board meeting, I shared with the board new guidelines around quarantine and isolation. These guidelines include:
- Quarantines and contact tracing are no longer used for people who have been exposed to a person with COVID-19. We now only have isolation guidelines for those who are sick or test positive.
- Isolation is for a person sick with COVID-19 symptoms or someone with a recent positive test for COVID-19. These guidelines are for an isolation period of at least 5 days, with a return allowed only once symptoms are improving and the subject has been fever free without the use of fever reducing medicines for 24 hours.
- We will still notify you when your child's classroom has had a case of COVID-19 in it.
- The RRSD will not tolerate shaming or harassment of any individual for their choice to wear a mask or not wear a mask.
- All employees of the district will be provided with at home COVID-19 tests. All employees and students should stay home if they have symptoms of or a positive test for COVID-19.
- Spring Break is March 21-25. Enjoy the time away!.
- Ken West: Ken is our groundskeeper, and his hard work has been helping things look much better around the district. He is always on the move and working hard.
- Halle Brandenburg: A teacher at SVA, Halle has started a Dungeons and Dragons club which has garnered enthusiasm from students who are excited to use their problem solving skills and creativity.
- Christina Schloegl: Christina is a kind and friendly member of the District Office who works hard at supporting students and families in a courteous and friendly way. Her efforts to bring positive energy to all things are appreciated.