Pine Hollow Middle School
Pine Hollow News: November 30, 2020
Welcome back... I hope you and your family had a relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving Break! As we enter the last three weeks of the 1st Semester, please take time to sit down with your child and map out how they can finish strong this month. Encourage them to speak up in class, engage with their classmates in breakout rooms, join a virtual student club, email their teachers, visit office hours, and clean out their email inbox. You can also work with them by asking them questions about their readings, reviewing their writings, having them show you how they solve various math problems, or discussing their academic goals. I realize these conversations can be difficult or awkward with adolescent students, but generally speaking they help students refocus and recommit to their goals. And as always, please reach out to us if you have any questions, or need any support at all. Thank you, have a great rest of your week, and Go Mustangs!
Pine Hollow Middle School
Welcome Tyler Rosecrans, New Vice Principal
I'm excited to announce that Tyler Rosecrans has joined the Pine Hollow team as our new Vice Principal! Prior to coming to Pine Hollow, Tyler was teaching Special Education in San Ramon for the past seven years. Tyler also coaches soccer for the Walnut Creek Surf Soccer Club, and he and his wife have twin boys who just turned two years old! Tyler is excited to join our school and to start getting to know students, parents, and community members. If you have a moment, please reach out to him at firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself and welcome him to Pine Hollow!
Here are some ideas of items that we are collecting:
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Whole Grain Cereals
- Hearty Low-Sodium Soups
- Beans and Lentils (dry or canned)
- Canned Tuna and Chicken in Water
- Canned Fruit in Juice
- Nonperishable, Low-Sodium, Ready-to-Eat Meals (chili, ravioli, etc.)
- Low-Sodium Canned Vegetables
- Brown Rice
- Whole Wheat/Grain Pasta
- Canned Tomato Products
Our goal is to fill the bin up with 100 pounds of food per week... Thank you for support!
Disney Day is Friday
COVID + Reopening Schools
- Review what the Purple Tier means for reopening MDUSD schools, and get information and links to local and state orders and updates.
MDUSD COVID-19 Response Page
- Understand the potential hybrid learning options, read the Reopening Plan and MOUs, and view various resources for all stakeholders.
Contra Costa County Health Services Coronavirus Site
- View COVID rates locally, examine health dashboards, and review FAQs, press releases, protocols, etc.
California's Blueprint for a Safer Economy
- Understand the statewide tier system, view every county's tier status, and view the state's FAQ about schools reopening.
Chat with Campo on Wednesday, December 16
On Wednesday, December 16th, Mr. Campopiano will be holding three Principal Chats via Zoom throughout the day. Feel free to drop in to any of these chats to hear updates, ask questions, listen to discussion, and/or share your feedback. Topics to be discussed include MDUSD reopening plans, student grades and supports, school budgets, the PTSA, and more!
- Chat with Campo #1 = 9:00-10:00am
- Chat with Campo #2 = 12:00-1:00pm
- Chat with Campo #3 = 4:00-5:00pm
Join via Zoom: https://mdusd.zoom.us/j/81938531051