Friday, June 12, 2020
We Are "All-In" This Together...
Information regarding enrollment, summer school, technology and meals in this weeks e-News. Also a spotlight on our own Mr. Lozano!
See below for information for new registration for Pre-K. Then directly below that is registration information links for new students K-5. Please share with new neighbors and friends regarding enrollment.
There is also a button to take you to the Special Edition for our 5th grade graduates attending Schimelpfenig for the 2020-2021 school year.
There is information regarding summer school opportunities below for your review.
Also we just received word that Pathblazers and Dreambox will be available for our students through the end of July! Additional information for learning is provided below.
Information is provided below to assist with summer meal support.
Summer Reading List
Be sure to check out Mrs. Noble's Summer Reading List below!
Curbside Drop-Off & Pick Up
If you missed Curbside Drop-Off and Pick-Up no worries. We will have another one the last week of July when we collect Chromebooks. Chromebooks are still signed-out to you from your initial pick-up unless you returned them this past week. Sign-Out sheets were updated and documented accordingly.
Our Mathews e-News will continue to be sent with district and campus updates on Friday afternoons for the time being.
Have a happy, healthy summer break!
Enjoy this beautiful weekend-
Info for 20-21 Schim Bound 6th Graders!
The link to the Special Edition SMORE for our 5th grade graduates attending Schimelpfenig can be located at a touch of this button!
Pre K REGISTRATION
Please click the button for information regarding Pre-Kindergarten.
ONLINE REGISTRATION KINDERGARTEN - FIFTH GRADE
Online registration for elementary students (kindergarten-5th grade) new to the district for the 2020-21 school year is now open. Parents can use the secure document portal to upload required documentation. Get more information and the enrollment packet online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about registration.
Mr. Lozano in the News!
SUMMER SCHOOL INFO
The Elementary Virtual Summer School Program
The Elementary Virtual Summer School program is specifically designed for students who need additional academic support. While this summer school opportunity will be offered virtually, there will be interactive lessons and support provided opportunities to connect with a teacher online and software platforms that can be used from home to support literacy and math. Students are recommended for this program by their campuses.
Cost of Program
There is no charge for this program
Dates and Times
June 29 - July 17
There will be a schedule provided to support up to 3 hours of learning each day. There will be no learning activities on July 3.
How to Register
Registration opens on May 20 and students must be registered by June 17.
Note: Online Registration must be completed in Google Chrome
- Login to Parent Portal
- Go to the Program Enrollment & Payments
- Click on TEAMS PSS Program Enrollment & Payments.
- Select your child's name.
- Click on the Summer-Night School tab and then click Continue.
- Highlight the desired course/program and click Continue
- Review the selected course(s) and the Total Tuition Amount - then, select Continue.
- If there is a charge for the course, you will receive the following prompt, "Would you like to make a credit card payment?" Select Yes and enter your payment information.
- Review Credit Card Billing Address and click the Final Review
- Review the selected course(s), payment information, and billing address. Please note, you will need an e-mail address listed in order to complete the online registration process.
- Click the Complete Registration
- You will know that the transaction was successful if you receive an authorization number. If it was not successful, please verify that all of the information is correct and try again.
- Click the Download button to download and print an authorization receipt.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact the Summer School office at email@example.com.
ACCESS to LEARNING
Summer Online Resource Access for Students and Families
- Free Online Resources for Students & Families (English & Spanish)
- Family Home Connections (English & Spanish docs below by grade level)
SUMMER TIME READING LIST
La Transferencia Electrónica de Beneficios en caso de Pandemia (P-EBT) es un beneficio único para las familias elegibles que perdieron los beneficios de almuerzo gratis o reducido debido al cierre de la escuela. solicitud abierta en junio. hhs.texas.gov/es/pebt
Summer Grab and Go Meals
In partnership with the Texas Department of Agriculture, the Plano ISD Food and Nutritional Services Department will be providing free grab-and-go summer meals to the public beginning, Tuesday, May 26, 2020, at the following campus sites:
- Armstrong Middle School
- Bowman Middle School – New Site
- Christie Elementary School
- Daffron Elementary School
- Mitchell Elementary School
- Sigler Elementary School
Updated curbside grab-and-go meal serving times for these locations will be from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Children 18 years of age and younger will receive a lunch for that day and a breakfast for the following day. Anyone picking up meals for students, without the student present, must bring appropriate documentation in the form of a school issued ID, report card, birth certificate or the verification letters families are currently providing during meal pick up.
A resource to learn how to protect your home and family with Cyber-Security. From the Department of Homeland Security.
Chromebook Distribution and Support:
If you have a broken Chromebook or if you missed the timeframe for picking up a device at your campus, the Plano ISD help desk is available to assist you in obtaining a working Chromebook. Contact the help desk Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (469) 752-8767, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The help desk will work with your campus to coordinate the repair, pickup or delivery of your device.