Students Without Borders Academy
SWBA INFO MEETING MARCH 6, 7:30-8:30 PM AT Kal Sec. Library
For Grade 11/12 students looking for purposeful adventure.
SWBA IS FOR STUDENTS WHO WILL BE IN GRADES 11/12.
SEE APPLICATIONS HERE: SWBA Application
TEACHER REFERENCE FORM HERE: TEACHER Reference
NON-TEACHER/NON FAMILY REFERENCE HERE: NON-TEACHER Reference
CURIOUS? Contact Director David Fehr at email@example.com
SWBA is dedicated to real-world experience, becoming participant observers (Cultural Anthropology). We visit several distinct indigenous and cultural groups on field study. We also participate in 2 homestays in Panama.
Each year SWBA students get involved in projects to promote education, community and equality. We believe getting interested in the world leads to getting involved.
Students receive credit for five courses during the semester: Spoken Language/English 11 or English 12, Social Justice 12 or Social Studies 11, Leadership 11/12, Comparative Cultures 12, Intro Spanish/Span 11.
What are people saying?
"A very awesome program! This is the best groups of students that we have ever had at ITEC. I truly wish that every group that comes to ITEC could be as wonderful to work with as SWBA. I would recommend this program to anyone!" - Joe Maher ITEC
WHAT RECENT PARENTS ARE SAYING...
- “My daughter was inspired to make a difference in the very first week”
- “I saw fundamental changes in the way my child looks at the world”
- “We were included in the process and informed all along the way”
- “My son looks forward to going to school like never before”
- “The program is not to be missed – outstanding from start to finish”