Rock and Roll does time travel!
TO THE 60s!...........................NOT!
In this presentation, I will talk about the popular groups in the 1960s,The Beatles,The doo-wops,places people play rock and roll,and progressive rock.I chose this topic,because I did not know about rock.When I interviewed my grandmother,I heard her mention Rock & Roll. I like to hear the beatles play rock and roll also! I have a Rock band game that has the rock and roll music.
What are doo-wop groups?
The doo-wop was built upon vocal harmony.It first appeared in print in 1961 in the Chicago defender to the United States.A style of small-group vocal harmonizing, commercialized as a type of so-called street singing in the 1950s, in which words and nonsense syllables are chanted in rhythmic harmony to support the stylized melody of the lead singer.(Wikipedia)
What is progressive rock?
Fun Fact Alert!
- The Beatles sold a lot of records not because they were the greatest musicians but simply because their music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth(scarruffi.com)
- Genesis were first known for their songwriting talents and Gabriel’s uniquely theatrical onstage performances(Britannica)
- Most of Greater London south of the Thames belongs to the historic county of Surrey, while most of Greater London north of the Thames belongs historically to the county of Middlesex (Britannica)
- While the Grateful Dead had ceased to exist following the death of Garcia, the remaining band members continued their “long, strange trip.” Weir, Lesh, Kreutzmann, and Hart enlisted Bruce Hornsby, who had originally filled in on keyboards after Brent Mydland’s death in 1990, to form the Other Ones(Britannica)
- In 1996, The Beatles announced their retirement from public performing to concentrate on exploiting the full resources of the recording studio(Britannica).