born Sept. 23, 63 bce—died Aug. 19, 14 ce
- Augustus ordered the building of a highway that would connect Rome and its empire
- He established a uniform system of currency
- developed an effective postal system.
- He was a strong supporter of the Arts
- Caesar Augustus joined Marc Antony in defeating Brutus and Cassius.
- Under his rule, many bridges, aqueducts, and buildings were brought about.
- Rome expanded to include regions like Spain, Gaul, Panonia, Dalmatia, and Egypt.
- ruled as one of the triumvirates that reestablished Rome.
- generously gave large sums of money to the common people throughout his career.