19-20 November 2016 with Marijke Eken, dutch feltartist
Head from the heart
The programm is as follows
. to prepare for this class you will write down at home some observations about the head
• The human face has a few standard characteristics expressions. Marijke will tell you all about it. With this theorie you're able to sculpt your own head.
• construction of the basic form: head and neck
• construction of the nose, mouth, eyes and ears
• give the head the specific character
• finishing of the neck and the back of the head
• finishing of the skull with hair or something to your fantasy
• finishing of the inside, how to show the head
This masterclass is for those who are experienced in needlefelting, eventually with the Addiquick.
She started her carriere as a cultural worker. After 3 years at the college for Textile and Drawing, some private courses of Inge Evers, Claudy Jongstra and Michel Garcia, Marijke has studied herself all about feltmaking. She says felting is a craft, which you only can learn by experiment and practising. She has teached many workshops around Nijmegen and some abroad when felting was an unknown craft. From 2013 she has developped the indigo-dye-craft after the method of Michel Garcia.