The Leadership Loop
Upcoming Trainings for School Improvement
Campuses that are Additional Targeted, Targeted, D or F (Not Rated) will be required to complete a TIP (template of their choosing) and retain it locally.
This information should come out in a TAA and be posted on the TEA website with submission schedules mid-month.
We are offering opportunities for training for new and returning DCSIs and admin teams in August for you to refresh or learn the process.
August 23rd-24th-#489570 (new to the role)
August 25th- #489599 (abbreviated session for returners)
August 29th- #489601 (abbreviated session for returners)
August 30th-31st- #489571 (new to the role)
Final 2022 College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) Student Listing
This final listing contains the 2022 CCMR data for 2020–21 annual graduates and 2020–21 non-graduating 12th graders, including applicable corrections submitted and approved through the CCMR Verifier. These data will be used to calculate the College, Career, and Military Readiness components for 2022 accountability ratings.
2023 Accountability System (Growth)
Due to the redesign of the reading language arts (RLA) STAAR, the inclusion of new item types in mathematics, the shift to a fully online assessment system, and required standard setting and validation processes, STAAR Progress Measures will NOT be calculated for 2022–23.
It is important that you realize that TEA is still planning to calculate growth for 2023 accountability. Please pay careful attention to the preliminary 2023 Academic Accountability System Framework Document and planning materials. Beginning in 2023, academic accountability growth measures WILL use a transition table model instead of the STAAR Progress Measure, as detailed in the Preliminary 2023 Academic Accountability System Framework.
Student-level gain score STAAR Progress Measures are anticipated to return in 2024 and be reported in STAAR data files and on STAAR Report Cards. To learn more, view the complete STAAR Progress Measures in 2023 document.
1. Some campuses engaged in school improvement interventions will be required to have a diagnostic if they have not had one in the past 3 years (we will be contacting you in the fall if this is the case)
2. If you have some areas of concern and are not sure where to focus your efforts let us come and use the tools within the Effective School Framework to pinpoint the most essential actions to leverage ($5,000 cost).
3. Same as number 2; however, you can engage in a free diagnostic with the caveat that you will be required to in engaging in Texas Instructional Leadership with our team at an additional cost.
If you are interested in finding out more about the diagnostic process or would like to know more about Texas Instructional Leadership please contact our team, our information is at the bottom of the smore.
A-F Knowledge Base and FAQ Widget
Performance Reporting created a Knowledge Base that houses over one hundred accountability-related questions and answers. Users can either browse by topic by selecting the "Accountability Topics" option in the top right corner or enter a keyword to find related FAQs. Users can also view FAQs by scrolling the main page and navigating through the top-rated, most viewed, and newly published sections.
An FAQ widget has been added to the bottom right corner of our 2022 Accountability Rating System and Performance Reporting Resources webpages! The widget allows users to easily search accountability FAQs pulled directly from the Knowledge Base. When searching for an FAQ using the widget, users should use full words. For instance, if a user is searching for "growth," the entire word "growth" needs to be entered. Entering a partial word will not return any results.
Performance Reporting Calendar
August 5: Adopted 2022 Accountability Manual published in the Texas Register
August 8: Accountability student listings released in TEAL
August 12: Accountability ratings, reports, and data tables released in TEAL
August 12: Accountability rating appeals window opens in TEAL
August 15:Accountability ratings released publicly
September 12: Accountability rating appeals window closes in TEAL
Fall 2022: 2023 accountability system targets and cut points released
August 2023: Accountability ratings under the reset system released
TXschools.gov features six powerful Analytic Tools that allow users to examine and manipulate various accountability system data. Users can view data visualizations, filter, sort, export, and much more.
You can also compare specific data across campuses or districts on the Comparison tool.
Let's Get Together for Coffee Talk
A monthly forum where campus leaders can come together and discuss hot topics in campus leadership and instructional practices. Join our School Success team as we work to assist campus leaders in navigating the world of instructional leadership and support each other in a collegial network.
ESC 18 Support
We have announced the following webinars for our different cohorts:
- Approved Districts A-C
- August 18th from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Annual Program Evaluation Office Hours
- Cohort A-D
- August 29th from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Data Submission Office Hours
- September 7th from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Determining Designations
- September 12th from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Data Submission Office Hours
- October 11th from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Data Submission Office Hours
- Approved Districts A-E
- August 10th from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Guidance on STAAR Progress Measure Updates for the 22-23 School Year Office Hours
- September 1st from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. - Guidance on STAAR Progress Measure Updates for the 22-23 School Year Office Hours