Stay protected by: stephanie rylee
What is identity theft?
identity theft is the illegal use of someone else's personal information (as a Social Security number) in order to obtain money or credit
Ways to stay protected:
- make sure websites are secure
- shred documents
- monitor bank and credit card statements
- Guard your social security number, PINs, passwords and account numbers.
What to do if your identity is stolen?
- place an initial fraud alert
- order your credit reports
- create an identity theft report
How can someone steal your identity
- dumpster diving
- mail theft
- shoulder surfing