5th Grade News!
For the Week of September 21 - September 25
A Message about Parent Communication:
Our 5th grade website will be updated every Friday with the week's newsletter and other important information that parents and families may find helpful. Please check back weekly for the most up to date information. We appreciate your flexibility as we transition to this new system!
5th Grade Google Homepage : http://bit.ly/twe5th
- Identifying conflict and theme
- Analyzing plot and characters
- Drafting an imaginative story
- ***Word Study Assessment - Friday, September 25***
- ***Grammar Quiz - Subject/Verb Agreement - Friday, September 25***
Important Note: Next week in library, we are having lesson. Students will need headphones/earbuds, and it will be "Bring Your Own Device."
- Experimenting with mixtures and solutions
Multiplying whole numbers and decimals to solve problems
- Examining the thirteen original colonies
Due FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
Math - Homework #3
Reading - 2 Reading Menu Options and 1 Readers Response due Friday
Science - Mixtures and Solutions
Information and News
- Deadline for GT Screening Parent Checklist: September 21
- Read, Deed, Run Parent Meeting - September 22, 5:30pm (more information below)
- Read, Deed, Run Registration Deadline - September 28, 4:00pm (more information below)
- Read, Deed Run Payment Due - October 9 (more information below)
- Fishing Field Trip at Outdoor Learning Center - October 9. Permission slips and were sent home on Tuesday, September 15.
- Packpon information went home in Tuesday folders on 9/1/15. If you would like to purchase Packpons, please return the slip and your payment. You may buy Packpons at any time during the year. Ask your child's homeroom teacher for details.
- Field Trip: please return permission slip ASAP. We are asking for a $5 donation per child to cover the cost of the trip. We received many offers to volunteer for this event. Only 2 volunteers are needed per class, so we will choose randomly and let everyone know whether or not your name was drawn. Thank you for such wonderful support!
PACKPON Dates - 1st Nine Weeks
10/2 -- Extra Recess
10/9 -- Homeroom Games
10/16 -- Board Games
Other Packpons **Dates will vary by Homeroom
Kickball w/ switch class
Lunch w/ the teacher
A Message From Read, Deed, Run:
4th and 5th graders have the opportunity to join Read, Deed, Run once again this year. During the year, the students will work toward meeting their goals of reading 26 books or 2600 pages, completing 26 deeds for our community and school, and run 26.2 miles…A MARATHON…one mile at a time! The final run is on a Saturday in May. All of the RDR programs in district meet at Rhodes Stadium for the final 1.2 miles to complete their marathon. We have a mandatory parent meeting on Tuesday, September 22 at 5:30. We will go over all of the details and expectations. This is an amazing program that will foster their love of reading, give back to the community, and accomplish a marathon! If your child is interested in joining, you can sign up now using the google form link and submit payment on the night of the meeting. All students must be registered by Monday, September 28. NO LATE FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 4:00. All payments must be submitted Friday, October 2. If you have questions, please take a look at the RDR FAQ page. If you still have any questions, please contact Laurie Haseltine firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow this link to see frequently asked questions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQ4cds4fTdBwA2-Uga1CNr1SVkpB9isIqNaR2jlNAQA/edit?usp=sharing
Follow this link to register for TWE RDR program: http://goo.gl/forms/XxY1kE2Svv