the dangers and benefits of cookies
- if you go on a public computer or a friends a web site could remember you personal settings e.g. bank details, address etc.......
- some vises can look into to your cookies and find out your details.
- websites can take your email and remember it and email you lots of add.
- you can go off a page and it still has the products in your basket.
- every day it will remember your password.
- it can put recommendations for you each day.
how to delete cookies?
what is Adware and spyware?
Spyware is software or hardware program installed on a computer that sends information from the user's computer without their knowledge whenever the computer connects to the Internet to whomever controls the Spyware.
Adware is a software that is installed together with another software or via activex controls on the internet.
how to stop adware and spyware?
Adware is mainly an annoyance but can slow down the performance of you computer. Spyware is a larger threat because it can be an invasion of your privacy. You can take four steps to remedy the threat:
- Exercise common sense.
- Block popups.
- Install an antispyware/antiadware program.
- Implement a personal software firewall.
what browser privacy settings help?
- to disable cookie on internet
- to get a privacy programme
how to set them?
- go on internet
- go on history
- go on settings
- then click cookie
- then delete