Friday, March 28, 2014 or actually Monday, March 31
Coming Up this Week!
4/1: Chelsea @ Principal P.D. until 3pm
4/2: PTA Executive Board Meeting, 6pm
4/4- Chelsea at Admin. Meeting until 11:30 (Smith in charge)
4/1, 4/3- Library Check in/Check Out Training (K-2 can go on Weds, see below)
Hearts: Social Emotional Learning
Thanks to the SEL Team (Mrs. Havenar, Mrs. Wong, Ms. Sullivan, and Mrs. Salvatore) as well as Ms. Lacey, Ms. Eva, Ms. Erica, and Coach Hawaii for all of their help with Glenview's First March Madness event.
Summer School: June 23-July 18
Please email me the names of your students who will benefit from summer school and are able to attend all of the days.
Brothers on the Rise- April Dates
4/23- Professional Development: Jon Gligoff from Brothers on the Rise will join us to get our initial input and our analysis of the Glenview Boy experience and how to facilitate the success of all boys
4/30 at 6pm- Glenview Parents of Boys Evening (all parents of boys invited!) to this focus group to discuss how to facilitate the success of our boys
Homework Club is back on!
Music Demo by ZSharp on Thursday am.
Yard Duty Reminder
Rainy Day Reminders
- Stay with your class during morning recess. Instructional Aides and support staff will rotate through to give you a restroom break.
- Follow the lunch schedule and call the office if the person covering your class does not show up.
- If a support staff person who covers lunch is absent (Ms. Gaines, Coach Hawaii, Ms. D., Ms. Padilla, Ms. Jacobsen, etc.) please notify the office immediately in the morning so an alternate can be identified to fill the schedule.
- Teachers- please remind your aides where they should go for coverage.
- Remind your students to be respectful and follow directions of ALL adults on rainy days.
The Chromebooks Have Landed! (Almost!)
Please note that the textbook room keys have been changed to ensure the security of the machines. Mr. Miller, Mr. Ross, and Ms. Jacobsen will each have a key.
Meds on Field Trips
Library Check Out Training for Teachers, 4/1 and 4/3
Did you have your class roster up to date?
Surprise Stranger on Campus Drill coming soon!
New Copier Update Part 5
Jessica Eiselman, Glenview parent, works with Gailileo summer camps and they are hiring for a variety of positions:
Lead Instructor positions fill quickly on a rolling basis.
$475-675 per week (Monday-Friday) depending on subject and experience
Art, science, outdoors, and technology subject areas include classes like Illuminated Art Studio, Junior Surgeons, Chefology, Video Game Design, Go-Kart Makers, and more
Over 40 locations throughout all regions of the Bay Area
6-10 week commitment, depending on location (day camp program, housing not provided)
Please contact Jessica directly if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org