April 17, 2017
I hope you had a wonderful three-day weekend and were able to enjoy some high-quality time with family and friends. You certainly deserve a break.
This week we have four days with students. ACT is on Wednesday and we will gear up for another week of testing the next week.
I know this a very busy time of year, and it takes a lot effort by all of us collectively to make sure that everything happens smoothly. Thank you for all that you to make sure that our kids have what they need to succeed.
Have an awesome week!
4/10- 4/13 ELA, Alg 2, and Gov
4/24-4/27 Alg 1 and Bio
EOC Examiner Training
4/5 at 1:35 in Room 113
All EOC teachers must attend
ACT Proctor/Jr Homeroom Training
4/6 at 2:30 in Room 229 OR 4/7 at 6:50 in Room 229
Knights @ 90: FHN currently has 87.14% of students attending 90% of the time.
As we wrap up the 16-17 school year, the Attendance Committee wants our staff to know that we will be looking to boost the number of adults in the building who are serving as Attendance Allies by 20 or more personnel next year. Attendance mentoring is a leading strategy in positive intervention and we hope to help this grow to be one of our number one methods to reach kids. Thanks for those who participated this year and please be looking for more details on this when we return. Thank you.
PD Committee Meeting
Thursday April 20th 2:30-3:30 in the Learning Commons
The Climate Survey is still open. As of Thursday afternoon we had a 47% response rate. Please take a second to provide feedback and help us reach our goal of 80% participation.
Climate Committee meeting: April 24th, 2:30 p.m., Main Office
The Behavior Team met last week.
- Reviewed 3rd Quarter Behavior Data
- Behavior info for Knight Notes
- Restorative Discipline Academy Update/Feedback
- · Analyze ways to raise building-wide awareness of Restorative practices
- · Set next meeting date
The Technology Committee met last week.
- Updates from ITS
- Updates from IT
- Lunch/Learn suggestions for 17-18
STAFF COMMITMENTS--TO BE REVISED
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
- building positive relationships with students and staff members.
- listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
- helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
- being open-minded to new ideas.
- addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
- giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
- counting tardies consistently.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR
May 1-May 12-AP Testing
May 1-Howell of Fame Ceremony
May 4th-Graduation Practice, Senior Panoramic, Senior Breakfast, and Sophomore Ring
May 3-Faculty Meeting
May 5-Exemption Forms Due
April 25 -Senior Awards
May 16-Locker Clean Out
May 17-Final Exams
May 19-Final Exams
May 20th-last day for teachers (unless you logged 3.5 hours earlier and checked out on the 19th)
June 3rd-Graduation @3:00
July 27- Summer DC Meeting
July 31 and August 1-- Schedule pick up
August 3-Building PD
August 4--Transition Day
August 7- District Kick-off/Meeting Day
August 8--1/2 workday
August 9--First day of school