The Art of Creating Personalized Learning Environments
JSGS Edition - January 19 - 23, 2015
PLEF Schedule for February 2 - 6, 2015
Monday, Feb. 2nd - Ferndale
Tuesday, Feb. 3rd - WSA
Wednesday, Feb. 4th - Ferndale
Thursday, Feb. 5th - JSGS
Friday, Feb. 6th - Ferndale
Tools of the Craft
- Amplify Assignments:
- Teachers can now share annotated assignments back to students from WPS and Adobe Reader
- To explain how this works, after downloading and annotating an assignment, select Share then Amplify Assignments. Be sure to share back to the intended assignment when doing so. For more information see the guide to Adding Comments to a Student Document.
- Paperclip: Users are now able to attach a file from a third party application (ex: Google Drive, WPS). For more information see the Amplify guide to Attaching a File as a Student.
- It is now designed to look and feel like the Assignments feature.
2. Winning avatars will be featured on the Amplify student tablet.
3. Click here for all rules and submission guidelines.
4. Playlist Builder
1. References to 'Playlist' are now changed to 'Lesson'
2. Lesson 'actions,' including teach, email, duplicate, and delete are moved to the menu bar.
3. Lesson sections are now changed to: Lesson Name, Notes to Self, and Lesson Materials
4. 'Add Items' tab is moved up to top of Lesson Materials section.
5. Users can no longer edit old Amplify Quizzes.
6. You can now change the name of each class (remember that you may have more than one section of the same class).
New Apps in the Amplify Market
Kids Lingo Word Builder - great for English Language Learners
Lerni - Learn 9 different languages
Lingua.ly - Students can collect, store, and learn unfamiliar words
Mathinary - carefully written descriptions of math topics
MyOn Reader - personalized, online literacy program
News-O-Matic - 5 news stories delivered right to students' tablets each weekday, and teachers have access to the Teacher Guide each week.
TopIQ Learning Games - This one is for the Life Skills classes (finally!). 100's of learning games for preschool-1st grade levels.
UB Reader - Universal Book Reader which allows you to read EPUB and PDF files.
In the News
Education Week Article Features JSGS Staff!
We Need Your Feedback!
Would you take a couple of minutes to click here and complete this 1-2 minute survey about how you’re using the Amplify tablet and other technologies? We’d like to have responses by the end of day Friday, 1/30.
Thank you for participating in this quick survey and for doing what you do each day to shape our community’s future.
- Download and use one or more of the new apps in the Amplify Market in class.
- Request help, modeling, motivation, resources, etc. in implementing PLE in your classroom.
- Complete the survey above.
To receive your prize, send me an email with the subject line "Challenge Accepted" and details of your challenge.