MSA Comings & Goings
Monday, March 16
- Wednesday - 18 - Grade 9 Parent Meeting at 5:30 pm** - All parents in Grade 9 are encouraged to attend.
- Thursday - 19 - Grade 10/11 Parent Meeting at 5:30 pm** - All parents in Grade 10 and 11 are encouraged to attend.
- Thursday - 19 - Middle and High School Assembly during TA
- Tuesday - 24 - Reconciliation at St. Theresa's for Grade 3 - 8; 10 - 12.
- Thursday - 26 - Last day of school before Easter Break; St. John Ambulance Denim Day for $5 (St. John Ambulance provided the school with excellent service during our Bazaar so we are asking $5 to support their efforts.)
**All Grade Level Parents Meetings will be held in the AUDITORIUM.
- Monday - 13 - School resumes; summer uniform begins
- Tuesday - 14 & Wednesday - 15 - Career Planning Interviews for Grades 9 - 11 - by appointment - teachers will contact parents for appointment.
- Thursday - 16 - Elementary Assembly at 8:35 am
- Friday - 17 - Full day of school. This was originally the Bermuda Exhibition holiday, but is now a regular school day.
- Friday - 24 - Elementary Sports Day (rain date Tuesday, April 28)
- Tuesday - 28 - Elementary Spelling Bee at 8:45 am
- Wednesday - 29 - PST Interviews from 4:00 - 6:30 pm (Grades 6 - 12)
- Thursday - 30 - PST Interviews from 4:00 - 6:30 pm (Grades 6 - 12)
- Thursday - 30 - Deposit deadline for Canadian Universities Tour 2015
Due to the cancelling of the Bermuda Exhibition which was to be held on Friday, April 17, MSA will have a regular school day. Plans are in the works for us to have a Mini-Ag Show during the afternoon of April 17. More details will be shared later this week.
A special 125 years anniversary photo is available for purchase at the Mall Studio.
Sizes available are:
6x4 - $10.00
8x12 - $20.00
Yearbook Selfie Needed
The Yearbook Committee’s theme this year is Social Media, and we would like to include a selfie of every student, K-12. Students can take the selfie by themselves or with someone. Please email the photo to email@example.com Please note: If the selfie is not appropriate (example: hand gestures or dress appropriate) it will not be used.
WILL2WIN Motivational Speaker
Will Njoku, a former professional basketball player and motivational speaker, will present various workshops at MSA on today, 16 March and tomorrow, 17 March. Arranged by Will's former teammate, Mr. Dustin Ferris, this incredible opportunity will captivate and inspire our students. Details will be forthcoming in a separate email. For now, you can click here to watch a short clip about Will's story.
Lil Saints Summer Camp
Lil Saints Summer Camp is now accepting registration for Summer 2015. Flyers with details and registration forms were sent home. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact Mrs. Machado at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional copies of the registration form please see the attachment in the Comings and Goings.
High School & Middle School Notices
Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions
The Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Expedition will take place 21 and 22 March, while the Duke of Edinburgh Silver Expedition 20 - 22 March.
Canadian Universities and Colleges Tour
The Canadian Universities and Colleges Tour for the next school year will be 22 October until 31 October. Any grade 10 or 11 student interested in attending this tour must submit a $500 deposit by Thursday, 30 April. There will be an information session for parents and students in May. If you have questions please email Mrs. White at email@example.com.
Congratulations to three of our students who were nominated for the Outstanding Teen Awards, which took place this past Saturday. Keira Whited, Ain Shawki, and Evin Mosley were nominated in the categories of Academics, Perseverance and Community Service.
Special congratulations to Evin who was the Outstanding Teen in his category of Community Service. It was a fantastic evening and our students represented MSA very well.
EDGE Youth Group
EDGE Youth Group, a local Catholic ministry, takes place every Thursday in the MSA Auditorium. All High School students are invited to come fellowship from 7:30 - 8:45 pm.
Stewardship Day at St. Theresa's
International Catholic Stewardship Council Executive Director, Mr. Michael Murphy, will be delivering a free presentation on Stewardship at St. Theresa's on Saturday, 21 March from 10:45 am until 3:00 pm. The event is free and lunch will be catered. If you would like to attend, please contact LaVerne Lau 236 7223 /firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uniform Shop Hours
Thursday - 19 - 8:15 am to 9:15 am
Tuesday - 24 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Tuesday - 14 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Thursday - 23 - 8:15 am to 9:15 am
Tuesday - 28 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm