The Panther Pride
January 3 - 7, 2022
Happy New Year!
- All students must wear their school ID. This is a safety measure and is mandatory for all students. Please have your student look for their ID tonight and put it in their backpack for tomorrow.
- New semester, new schedule. All students received a copy of their Spring Semester schedule prior to leaving on Winter Break. If your student has lost their schedule, they can access it on School Loop or via the AERIES Parent Portal. Schedule changes are reserved for students who are in classes outside of their grade level, have duplicate classes or are missing a class. Our elective classes are very full and there will be almost no changes to electives. If your child has a concern with their schedule, please have them come to the Counseling Office before school or at lunch. Please do not send students to the office for a new copy of their schedule.
- Cold and sometimes wet forecast. As winter sets in, we have made arrangements to have our library open for students who need to be dropped off before 8:15. Any student arriving on campus before 8:15 is required to go to the library. Parents please drop off students on Keith Way so that they can go directly to the library.
- COVID Screening. Parents should pre-screen all students before sending them to school. Students should not come to school if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. Below is the link to the “Before You Return” information sheet sent out by VUSD today.
- COVID Positive Students. Any student who has tested positive cannot return to campus until the VUSD Covid Testing Center has been contacted and students have been given a return to campus date. You can contact the Center at (707) 454-3503 or by email at CovidInfo@VacavilleUSD.org We anticipate that the Center phone lines will be busy first thing tomorrow, please be patient.
Thank you for your continued support of our staff and students. As always, we are grateful for your partnership in education. I look forward to a semester of students excelling in their academics and achieving personal growth. If there is anything we as an administrative team can do to support your student, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Colleen Moe, Principal
Jennifer Purdy, Asst. Principal
Leslie Fitz, Dean of Learning Support
Homework Club Update
Student IDs are Required! All students should wear a school ID and lanyard during the school day. Help us enforce this by reminding your student to wear their ID!
Important Information for Attending Winter Sports ~ Planning on attending a basketball game or a Duel Meet? ID is required!
- All attendees must wear a face covering that covers the nose to the bottom of the chin. Masks cannot be removed during the game or attendees may be asked to leave
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the gym
- All attendees must sit in the stands; there is no standing on the sidelines. Priority entrance and seating is for athletes and athlete's families (up to four members).
- Students attending must wear their school ID for entrance. We have only 50 seats for students!
- There will be no in/out privileges. Students are expected to stay seated during the games, show good sportsmanship and follow campus rules or they may be asked to leave
Food Pantry at Vaca Pena
Vaca Pena is happy to serve our Vaca Pena Families by opening a food pantry.
We know times are hard right now, and we love to always be able to serve our panther families.
For more information, or to request a food drop off please contact:
Karen (habla español)
Text (707) 469-3021
School (707) 453-6270Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates To Remember
Student & Parent Links Below!
If you are a witness to bullying whether it is verbal, physical or social, we ask that you fill out this form. All responses will be anonymous unless you choose to give your name.
All students interested in participating in school sports must have a physical dated May 2021 or later and complete all Athletic Clearance forms.
The PAL program brings youth under the supervision and positive influence of Vacaville Police Department staff and expands public awareness about the role of a police officer and the reinforcement of the responsible values and attitudes.
Minimum Days: Sept. 3, Sept. 17, Sept 23-24, March 11 ~ Super Minimum Days: June 1-2
Students who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms should not attend school.
Use this link to update your contact information, view your student's schedule, attendance, progress and quarter grades and so much more!
The USDA has extended the free meal program through 2021/2022, we ask that families still fill out the Free & Reduced Lunch application. Additional benefits to the free/reduced lunch include transportation bus fees, cable/internet fees, and more!