Ms. Lucken's First Grade Friends
Thoughts, Reminders, and Oops I Forgots
- ALWAYS label a cold lunch if it contains peanut butter or any tree nuts
- Visit my Blog to see photos and read about the action in the classroom. I will try to post a new blog each week.
- Newsletters will come monthly
- Friday, September 11th: OPTIONAL Scholastic Book Orders Due , online parent code HQPZX (see link below)
- Monday, September 21st: PAKRAT starts
- Tuesday, September 22nd: WALK-A-THON from 10 - 10:50. Dress to be outside in the weather.
- Friday, September 25th: NO SCHOOL, Staff Development
- Friday, October 2nd: Homework Squares Due
- October 16th and 17th: No School, MEA
- Thursday,October 22nd: GREAT Theatre Snow White Play. Volunteers desired. Must pay for personal ticket and be able to provide your own transportation.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Accompanying class on field trips
- Attending class celebration
- Assisting with instructional activities on a weekly / monthly basis. Please contact me if you would like to do this. We will start in October.
All school volunteers are required to complete a background check. . The background check typically takes two weeks to clear. There is a $20.00 fee. If interested, please follow the link below.
If you want to volunteer, but need the background check fee WAIVED, let me know. I can send the waiver paperwork home in your child's Wednesday folder.
- Read a minimum of 10 minutes daily
- Complete one homework square five days per week. If you need an additional copy, they can be accessed from the weebly website link below. These activities are created to help your child meet the monthly social and academic goals below.
- Watch Red Folder for Bus Test this Friday
Social and Emotional Goals
- Name five new friends
- Feel comfortable, confident, and independent at school
- Follow school routines
- Play fair with a partner
Language Arts Goals
- Listen to, look at, and respond to books
- Follow words from left to right
- Read and write your name
- Name all 26 uppercase and lowercase letters, and give the correct sound
- Read high frequency words: I, like, do, to, you, he, can, go, a, has (by Sept 11th). This, is, my, look, little, where, here, play, the, we (by Sept 18th). Are, me, she, with, for, and, have, see, said, was (by Sept 25th)
- Recognize and produce rhyming words
- Count, blend, and segment the syllables in words
- Write one syllable / 3 letter words
- Hear and identify words that have same beginning, middle or ending sounds
- Write a sentence
- I can name 10 colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, white, black, brown)
- I can name 8 shapes (square, rectangle, triangle, circle, rhombus (diamond), trapezoid, & hexagon
- I can build and extend patterns
- I can read and write numbers to 50
- Add numbers between 0 - 20
- Write number sentences; 1+1 = 2