A message from Mr. Rios, campus Principal
Dear Stallion Community,
We hope you had a wonderful week and are ready to begin week 8 of marking period 2. Stallions, below you will find updates for the upcoming week!
- Monday, December 12: Mindful Monday, students follow their daily schedule. Electives PLC at 945 am in room 109. Band Winter Concert at 6 PM inside the gymnasium.
- Tuesday, December 13: Together Tuesday, what is something that is easier to do together than alone? Choir concert at 6 PM inside the gymnasium.
- Wednesday, December 14: We rise Wednesday, we rise by lifting others! 8 week testing in core classes. Faculty Meeting at 3:45 PM inside the cafeteria.
- Thursday, December 15: Thumbs up Thursday, what are you proud of today? College Thursday at Stallion Country, we encourage our Stallions to wear their favorite college shirt (pants remain as per dress code policy). 8 week testing in core classes.
- Friday, December 16: Early Release, students released at 12 PM. School Spirit Friday at Stallion Country, we encourage our Stallions to wear their favorite school spirit shirt (pants remain as per dress code policy). Students vs. Faculty Volleyball game. Alternate bell schedule. No back packs or bags allowed on campus.
Stallion community, please share your feedback with us and the district. We have been selected as a pilot school for schoology and gradebooks. The survey below will be sent weekly to continue to gather details from our school community. Your input is greatly appreciated.
Our Stallions will have early release on Friday, December 16, students will be released at 12 PM, please have arrangements made for students to get home safely. Buses depart at 12:08 PM. For safety, backpacks and bags will not be allowed on campus.
Stallions will have Christmas break, December 16 through January 4, 2023. Students return to start the second semester on Thursday, January 5, 2023. Upon their return, students will report to campus for breakfast in the classroom between 7:45 am and 7:59 am.
Our 12 Days of Christmas continues, below is a flier with our dress up days. We encourage all students and faculty to participate.
With temperatures starting to drop into the 40's in the morning, students will have the option to wait inside the cafeteria or out in the front foyer during drop off (700 AM to 740 AM). Our team will be monitoring both areas for student and faculty safety at all times.
Our Stallion Scholars are expected to have their student issued laptops and chargers daily. We are considered a DNA 1-1 campus and these technology devices are used daily for classroom instruction. If you have any questions regarding our campus technology, please contact our Librarian at 915.937.5400.
When visiting our campus, it is important to bring an ID to request approval for entering our school building. Our campus is safe and secure and it provides our students a safe and supportive learning environment. Once you ring the door bell, you will be attended to by our receptionist over the door bell intercom system. You will be asked to state the purpose for your visit. If approved, our receptionist will be able to buzz you in to enter the front desk receptionist area. Note that any family member not listed on the students demographics will not be approved to visit with our Stallion scholar. A campus administrator is always available to assist you and your family. Our school office hours are Monday thru Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. If you have any questions, please contact us at 915.937.5400.
Stallion scholars make sure you are arriving on time, taking attendance for each class and actively participating. Our goal as a campus is 97% and above. Stallions, if you have any questions in regards to attendance, please reach to your teachers or our campus PEIMS attendance specialist, Ms. Priscilla Juarez at 915.937.5413.
On behalf of our school community, have a Merry Christmas and happy new year!
Students vs Faculty Volleyball Game
12 Days Of Christmas at Slider Middle School
Yearbooks for Sale
A Message from CyberStallionz
Attendance Counts Everyday!!
A Message From NJHS
NJHS is currently making Winter Kits to donate to the Homeless Shelters in the community. We would greatly appreciate the Slider Community to help us. We are asking for socks, gloves, hand warmers, scarfs, and personal hygiene products.
December 1st thru December 15th before school, during Stallion Pride, and afterschool to Room 205 with Ms. Foley.
A Message from CIS
Extended Learning Camps (Tutoring)
A Message from Nurse Licon
A Message from our Librarian
December @ A Glance
Stallion Dress Code
It is the philosophy of the Socorro Independent School District and William D. Slider Middle School that all students should maintain high standards of dress. A committee of parents, students, and teachers adopted a uniform policy for Slider Middle School.
Shirts & Required Colors:
- Students will wear a white, navy blue, or forest green collared polo shirt with or without a Slider school logo.
- White, navy blue, or forest green T-shirts will be allowed only if they have the Slider school uniform logo.
Pants/Shorts/Skirts/Skorts Required Colors and Style:
- Students will wear khaki, tan, blue or black pants in good repair. No other colors permitted.
- Slim, regular, and relaxed-style pants and joggers are acceptable.
- Wide-leg and baggy-fit pants are not acceptable.
- The length of the pants must not touch/drag along the floor, and they must fit according to the waist size of the student.
- No military style cargo pants are permitted.
- Walking style/Bermuda style is allowed.
- NO ragged edge, daisy dukes, spandex or stretch pants (leggings), hot pants or short shorts are permitted.
- Shorts may not be rolled up. The length of skirts, skorts, and shorts must extend below the student’s fingertips when the student’s arms are extended at his/her sides.
- Capri style pants are permitted.
- Torn and slits of any kind are not permitted.
Jackets/ Sweaters Required Colors and Style:
- These must be zippered or button down and can be worn as seasonably appropriate.
- Jackets/coats must not cover the Slider logo while in the building.
- Thermals, turtlenecks, or solid school colored long-sleeve shirts may be worn under the Slider logo shirts during cold weather.
- Pull-over must be a white, navy blue, or forest green color with a Slider school logo.
Accessory Dress Requirements/Restrictions:
- Caps, hats, bandannas, headbands, stocking caps and hoods etc. may not be worn. All of these accessories need to be left at home.
- For reasons of health and safety the following will not be allowed: sunglasses worn inside the building, and jewelry/ piercings in lips, eyebrows, nose, tongue, chin etc.
- No weapon like or oversized jewelry is allowed, including studded leather bracelets, oversized chains, or chained wallets. Beaded jewelry that uses fish line is particularly unsafe.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Closed toe and closed heel shoes are required. Shoes must have hard soles and be specifically designed for outside wear. Platform shoes (greater than 1 ½ inches) are not permitted for reasons of safety. Crocs (clogs) are not allowed on campus.
The Physical Education Department at Slider Middle will require students to wear a P.E. uniform that has been approved by the Dress Code Committee.
- Students taking Physical Education classes are required to wear our Royal Blue PE Shirt.
- The shirt can be purchased at: Pen Art Tee 11426 Rojas Dr, STE A 915-920-7588 or at Classroom Uniforms 11985 Pellicano Drive 915-855-7400.
- Athletic bottoms (i.e., running shorts, leggings, joggers, or sweatpants in any color)
- NO SPANDEX
Safety for All Stallions
Not receiving our messages?
We are always available to assist you.