Week of: August 20- August 24
10 Days in and we are certainly WINNING! Thank you all for working so diligently to make everything WONDERful. A week down with MAP testing and our kiddos are showing what they know while students in the hall are maintaining the expectations as we would expect. I completely understand the overwhelming feeling of the beginning of the year and am most certainly here to support you through this process should there be anything you need. If there are items you are still missing or things you need please reach out to your grade level administrator or myself.
As you get to know your little ones better both socially and academically - if you feel you might have a student that would qualify for EIP based on the checklist that was given out on Thursday in training, please e-mail both EIP teachers (Melodie Sheppard and Mary Waters) as well as your grade level counselor. We will be sitting down on Monday, August 27th to discuss adding additional students to EIP. Please continue to do this throughout the school year as you see students meeting the criteria.
Below I have listed a few important reminders and opportunities for you to review when you have the time:
- Curriculum Night - The committee has poured time into making this a very successful event! We look forward to you being a part of this night with us on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - Parents will be visiting your class to learn more about the curricular opportunities offered this year. Be sure you are using the correct slideshow, videos, etc. included within your slides - One late recommendation - Please place the videos at the beginning of your slideshow for first session and at the end of your slide show for second session so that you can create an opportunity especially in session 2 for parents to leave if they have already seen them at the first session.
- 3rd-5th - Be on the lookout for a club flyer that will be placed in your box to go home with all students on Monday!
- PBIS - McTicket Mall cart will begin next week - Be on the lookout for an email to hit your inbox soon with more details!
- Lunchroom Reminders: Classes must be picked up on time, the next class is coming in and they have to wait to be seated. Students are to remain seated until their teacher comes to pick them up. If anything is needed students need to raise their hand, not get up and approach the teacher. Screaming in the lunch room is not allowed just because they are feeling festive.
- Lesson Plans - They will be submitted to the folder I shared beginning on Monday, August 20, 2018 - If you need help please touch base with me or your grade level admin.
- Bright Ideas Grant (Due 8/31) - I encourage each of you to apply for a Bright Ideas Grant! If you have a stellar idea this is the opportunity you have been looking for. Please click this link for more information. If you need a hand I would be more than happy to assist!
- Building Access- The building will be accessible via key fob on ALL weekends from (9-3) with the exception of holiday weekends. Please be sure to secure your area when leaving!
- 7 Mindsets - On Monday, August 20th, homeroom teachers will deliver the introductory lesson to Everything is Possible and the Everything is Possible 1.1 lesson. These lessons are found on The 7 Mindsets website "click here for access" under Elementary Courses. If you are a Pre-K-2 teacher, you will click on Elementary School Course 1 Grades K-2. If you are a 3-5 teacher, you will click on Elementary School Course 1 Grades 3-5. Once you click on the correct course the website will take you to the introduction less and the Unit 1: Everything is Possible Lesson 1.1. The website gives you everything you need to prepare for your lesson.
- On Tuesday, August 21st, parents will be introduced to The 7 Mindsets at our Curriculum Night via the .ppt presentation within your classroom.
- As a school, we will deliver our lessons every Monday, “Mindset Monday”. There will be an area designated for 7 Mindsets on every newsletter. Please use this as a guide to know what lesson to teach every Monday.
- We are developing a 7 Mindsets committee to help guide the implementation of this program. However, if you have questions or concerns, please let me know and I will be happy to help in any way possible.
- EIP - If you have students that you feel qualify for EIP based on the checklist that was given out on Thursday in training, please e-mail both EIP teachers (Melodie Sheppard and Mary Waters) as well as your grade level counselor. We will be sitting down on Monday, August 27th to discuss adding additional students to EIP. Please continue to do this throughout the school year as you see students meeting the criteria.
Rest up this weekend - Spend some time with the ones you love and enjoy the beautiful weather!
With an intentional focus of consistency on being curious & crazy for kids you will ALWAYS find a culture that is student focused!
Have a great week!
- August 21 - Curriculum Night (6-7:30) - All Teachers Required to Attend! Chick-Fil-A will be served this evening for teachers to enjoy!
- August 28 - Faculty Meeting - Media Center
- August 30 - Teacher/Staff Member of the Year Celebration (Media Center - 3PM)
Have a WONDERful Week!
Making Moves at McAllister
- Ms. Janousek's 4th Grade Team had the following to say about her: "She is the yin to our yang, and personalizes learning for each student in our room! Thank you for all you do for your team and students! We APPRECIATE you!"
- Rosanne has made my transition to MES smooth and stress free. She is an AWESOME buddy teacher and I couldn't be more grateful!
Anonymous Submissions from fellow staff members:
- First year? No problem! Ms. Goolsby is always smiling and keeps a positive attitude. She has not hesitated to ask for help and ensure she is a WONDERful addition to her goslings!
- You can already tell that Ms. Yant will do anything for her students! She was the best super hero on her first day with her firsties!
- A Message to all classroom teachers: "Thank you ALL so much for being on time drop off/pick up of you classes! Transitions are much smoother this way and we appreciate it so much!!!"
- Bailey Crawford and Brittany Rozier are such an AWESOME team...making the beginning of the school year look like a piece of cake!
Lunchroom Expectation Information
- If you are in older grades, please designate certain students to sit at the overflow table (located in the middle of the lunchroom) if your tables are full.
- Do not assign students to pick up trash or wipe the tables. Teachers on lunch duty will be using this as an incentive for students.
- If you want your students to sit in a particular order at your table please ensure you are facilitating.
- Please make sure to sit with your class the first week and teach students the lunchroom expectations.
- Please remind students that they should not share food in the lunchroom.
Resources that you may find useful...
Twitter Chats - Can't Get Enough? Check here for ALL opportunities to connect with PLN's worldwide discussing ALL things awesome in Education. https://sites.google.com/site/twittereducationchats/education-chat-calendar
In a school of over 135 it can be hard to know everyone's name...Have you had a chance to look at the staff directory where pictures of our staff members can be located?
Click here & start welcoming others into your class to see the amazing things you are doing!
Click this link to see all of the awesome things our teachers have posted on twitter this week. Always remember to use the #MESrocks when posting to keep these items united!