All Things Bally
Published: June 15, 2020
New to Bally! Let's make a date.
If you are new to Bally (incoming 6th or transferring 7th or 8th), please click THIS LINK to sign up for an online session July 7th. We'll answer all of your questions about coming to your new school.
Back to School for 20-21
There are five best practices we must consider as we approach reopening of schools during the fall of 2020.
- Wearing masks
- Practicing social distancing
- Temperature checks
- Contact tracing
- Sanitizing hands
With these safety expectations in consideration, our district will now begin the task of creating our district return-to-school plan for buses, morning arrival, classes, class changes, restroom use, cleaning, PE classes, lunch times, dismissal, sports, clubs, and on and on.
Here's what we've been told thus far:
1. We plan to return to schooling in August.
2. Student and employee safety is a top priority in reopening.
Parent Survey: Back to School for 20-21
6th Grade Student Orientation(ish)
Small group guided building tours and info sessions. TBD
We Are Bally Day--TBD, but before school starts.
Cooper Cross Country
Want to run cross country for Cooper?
Any future Cooper student interested in running cross country can sign up online here: https://forms.gle/bFzDeRHwZ7rqjYtA9
You must be at least a 7th grader this school year.
Any questions contact Eric Van Laningham or Diane Fritz firstname.lastname@example.org
20.21 School Supplies
We are not selling supply kits. We sold just a handful last year and the return on investment was too low to continue.
Communication Portal for 2020-2021
Over the past two years, we've allowed our staff to be rather autonomous with communication methods with parents. NTI helped us see very clearly that this is too much in normal times and CERTAINLY too much when we are in an emergency situation.
Beginning with the 20-21 school year, Ballyshannon will use Bloomz as our communication portal. Bloomz is available for login on a website and as an app. Bloomz allows for:
- Teachers to communicate with full classes
- Teachers to communicate with small groups within classes
- Teachers to communicate one on one with parents
- Parent, teacher, student logins
- Administration to communicate with population at large, individual parents, small groups
- Our athletic director to communicate with teams and athletes at large
- Our coaches to communicate with teams
- Our PTSO to communicate with families
- Volunteer signups
- Requests for donations
- Behavior reporting to parents (in lieu of Kickboard or Behavior Flip)
- Bus delays/double run announcements
What excites us about most is that we can cut down on emails, texts, Reminds, and paper notes coming to you from every direction you can imagine. We will funnel EVERYTHING except grades, attendance, and missing assignment reports through Bloomz. It will take us a bit to get used to and you as well, but in the long run we do believe that this will be a much better service to you as parents than anything we've done previously.
Bally's contract is not final yet so if you go looking for our school on Bloomz, you won't find us. We'll let you know when we're ready to roll.