Nov. 13th, 2017 Pony News
On the Side of Hope!
As my family prepares to sit around the table for our upcoming Thanksgiving meal, we also prepare to share why we are thankful.
If you were asked to share your gratitude list, what would you share?
Did you know that sharing what you are thankful for is good for your health?
Take time this week and after Thanksgiving to keep a list of gratitudes. It is a great reference to use when you need a quick recharge. 7 Scientifically Proven Benefits Of Gratitude That Will Motivate You To Give Thanks Year-Round
I am thankful for all of the hard work and dedication each of you provide to make a difference in the future for our students.
Enjoy this week of jeans as a gift of gratitude for all you do!
Why are we becoming a No Excuses University Campus?
Becoming a No Excuses University Campus
NEU Application Letter
Click here to read it
2017-2018 Lewisville ES No Excuses University Endorsement
Click here to read iot
Please take a minute to see how we are already behaving like a No Excuses University Campus:
Click here to watch the video
NO EXCUSES RALLY FOR THIS WEEK
- University Fight Songs playing as students enter the gym (Mr. Thomas)
- Entrance song, dance/clap https://youtu.be/n2f501YWxso (3 min.) Admin team
Rake It Up Kid Remix | Back To School Anthem: https://youtu.be/J_3suMD2vtw
(Ms. Green 3 min)
Celebrate the Students of the Month. They are on their way to college. (2 min)
Grade Level Chants. (Students will stand up and share their chant from their location). Each grade level chant will be projected on the screen. Click here to see the chants. (7 Min)
We believe in you- After High School comes college (1 Min)
- Click here to see your grade level Istation Data.
- Click here to see the correlation with 3rd to 5th Reading CBAs and Istation
- Click here to see the grade level Grade Level Distribution Report
We will begin building our Data Wall for K to 2nd on Nov 27th, Nov 30th and December 1st using November's data. I will provide details during our Tuesday sessions with PLCs.
We will begin building our 3rd to 5th Data Wall on December 11th, 14th and 15th using December's data. I will send these grade levels specific directions.
PLC information November 14th
Focus: Data Analysis:
Remember, using data to drive instruction is an ongoing process. It will lead to responsive and differentiated teaching and learning for your students!
Step by step directions on how to print data from eduphoria! Click here
See you Tuesday at the data hub ready to participate in new learning!
Imagine Math (Think Through Math or TTM)
Best wishes and happy problem-solving,
Field Day-Friday November 17th
Final field day schedules will be distributed to teachers on Tuesday. Please look them over when you receive them to see if you have any questions. Bring a sign or flag representing your college along with plenty of spirit, including your college chant. Remind students to wear tennis shoes on Friday. Do your best to have your class at their first scheduled event promptly as they only have 10 minutes before rotating to the next event.
Click here for more details.
Thanks so much for your help everyone!
- Different literacy stations for the kids to practice their reading skills in a fun and engaging way.
- How to use Istation at home.
- Newcomer backpacks will be given to our students who are new to the country.
- Sign up parents for DuoLingo online to learn English or Spanish.
- Magnetic question cards with strategies to help children at home in both English and Spanish.
- Flyers for parents on how to help their child at home with reading.
- Information about Denton County ESL classes.
Please let us know if you can volunteer your time to be part of this event. Encourage your students and parents to come and have a good time with reading.
Monday November 13th
- College Ready Rally 2:20-2:45pm Grade level Chants
- LPAC 8:30 -9:30
- P.E.- 21-day Challenge SURVEYS Begin
- College/U shirt Day
Tuesday November 14th
- PLC in Data Hub
- Inst. Tech ACT
Wednesday November 15th
- All Level Team Meetings
- ML COORD
- ½ of 5th @ Enterprise City
- NEU Staff Picture 3:15 pm No BLT Committee
- NEU Crew Mtg 3:25-4:30 pm
Thursday November 16th
- Inst. Tech ACT
- ½ of 5th @ Enterprise City
- PTA Meeting & Literacy Night 6-7:30 pm
- McDonald’s Night
Friday November 17th
- Field Day
- K,1 and 2nd grade Student of the Month Lunch With the principal
Staff Shout Outs
- Mrs. Boston: Thank you for always putting the students first! You always go above and beyond to provide the best instruction to your students.
- Ms. Shield: Thank you for always keeping the 3rd grade team in the loop.
- Mrs.Kilam: Thank you for allowing me to observe your guided reading.
- Mrs. Sinnott - For helping to keep our team efficient!
- Ms. Green, Ms.Echevarria, and Ms.Burleson for setting up a Parent Night and staying late for our families!
- Ms. Lawson, Mrs. Simpson, and Mrs. Burleson: thank you for always being supportive.
- Mrs. O'Donnell - For her unconditional support!
- Ms.Echevarria for planning and organizing a wonderful Veterans Day celebration.
- Mr.Thomas for always being ready to help with such a positive attitude!
- Vando for her hard work and willingness to always go above AND beyond.
- Mr. Colón for all the first grade resources and supplies he continues to share with me. They're greatly appreciated!
- Mr. Perez for a great organization during the Read a Thon.
- All of the instructional coaches for going above and beyond to help our teachers.
- Betty Guerrero for being the best secretary ever!
- Ms. Zamora for keeping our website updated.
- Mr. Thomas for getting his students ready to sign the National Anthem. It was beautiful.
Click here to submit your Shout Out.