Empowering Students: Engaging, Supporting, Succeeding
October 14, 2022
National Principals Month
German & Italian-American Heritage Month
National Domestic Violence Awareness Month
National Disability Employment Awareness Month
Global Diversity Awareness Month
National Physical Therapy Month
LGBTQ+ History Month
Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- TONIGHT: Crosstown Game @ Oswego East Game & Ticket Information
- Mon. October 17 @ 5:00 - Policy & Legislative Committee Meeting (at District Administration Center)
- Mon. October 17 @ 6:30pm - The Kendall County Juvenile Justice Council presents a FREE presentation for all parents on the Worries of the World Wide Web. (Click Here for Information)
- Tues. October 18 @ 6:00 - Teaching & Learning Committee Meeting (at District Administration Center)
- Tues. October 18 @6:00/Zoom - SCRC: Parent University - Parenting Hacks 101 (Program and Registration Information located here.)
- Weds. October 19 @ 6-7:30/Virtual: Community CHAT "Building Bonds That Last" Click Here to Register
- Weds. October 19 @ 6-7:30: Community Advisory Committee Meeting @ Oswego East - Community Room
Thurs. October 20 @ 5-6:30pm: Northern Illinois Food Bank's Mobile Pantry @ Long beach Elementary
- Mon. October 24: @ 7:15pm: Board of Education Meeting - at OEHS or live stream
- Tues. October 25 @ 6-8:00: Board of Education - Special Closed Session @ District Administration Center
- Wed. October 26 @ 6pm: Virutal Bilingual Presentation w/ Dr. Ferney: Parents and Children Empowered- More Information
For complete District Calendar of Events, please click here.
DID YOU KNOW that each of our schools in our district have their own social media accounts which can be followed? That's right....Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and their own webpage. "Follow" the social medium platform for your school TODAY.
A Message from Superintendent Dr. John W. Sparlin
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - Oswego Satellite of Kendall County Community Food Pantry
The Oswego Satellite Location of the Kendall County Community Food Pantry is looking for volunteers each month that the pantry is open is the following areas: Registrars, Set Up, Runners, and Traffic Control. SD 308 employees, community members, and students in grades 9 - 12 are eligible to volunteer. Students will receive community service hours for their time To sign up, click here. #CommunityBecomesUnity
We Need YOU!
Transportation Phone Line
(630)636-2999 Spanish: (630)636-2986
Paid Training . Retirement Benefits . Paid Time Off . Insurance . Overtime Opportunities.
No experience is necessary, candidates will receive training and assistance with certification!
Please share the application with others! Thanks for your help!
Illinois Athletic Director of the Year!
Congratulations Darren Howard, District and Oswego High School Athletic Director, for having been recently named the Illinois Coaches Association’s, Illinois Athletic Director of the Year! He now moves forward as the Illinois nominee for consideration in the National Athletic Director of the Year from the National High School Athletic Coaches!
Share a Smile 🙂
Use this simple form to send a virtual smile to any staff member at SD308! The recipient will receive an e-message which includes your "smile"- which will brighten their day! Thank you for helping us let our staff know how important they are, and how much we all appreciate what they do for our students!
Fraidy Cat 5k
Fraidy Cat 5k - The Oswego Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for volunteers for their Fraidy Cat 5k on October 30, 2022. A portion of the proceeds from the Fraidy Cat 5k benefit a scholarship for Oswego East and Oswego High School graduating seniors who “Give Back” to the community through volunteering. To volunteer for this fun event, click here.
The Illinois State Board of Education sponsors the Those Who Excel & Teacher of the Year program to honor educators who have made significant contributions to our schools in seven categories: classroom teachers, early career educators (teachers 1-4 years), school administrators, student support personnel, educational service personnel, community volunteers, and teams. Application materials are evaluated by an ISBE selection committee.