Roy B. Kelley
Message from Mrs. Walton
A HUGE thank you to the PTA and all the volunteers who helped make “Snow Much Fun” another successful event at Roy B. Kelley. I appreciate all the families and friends who donated their time to make our students smile! It is so nice to have our families involved in our school! According to extensive research academic achievement increases when parents are involved in their children’s education. Parental involvement leads to better classroom behavior and it lifts teacher morale.
At this time you should have met with your child’s teacher and their educational support team. We will conduct the last scheduled parent teacher conference day on Friday, February 3, 2023. If you have not met with your child’s teacher, please contact them to set up a convenient time for you and your child’s teacher to meet. If you require an additional time to meet with your child’s teacher about next year please feel free to call or email your child’s teacher. In addition, we conduct Student Based Support Meetings (SBST) for students who require additional support in the area of academics and social emotional needs. I am available to meet with you about your child’s educational progress anytime please feel free to contact me.
Helpful tips for student success:
*Attend school daily
*Be on time to school and stay the entire day
* Reading together at home greatly improves reading skills
*Ask your child about their school day
*Communicate with your child’s teacher
02/03 Half Day - Dismissal at 11:50 a.m.
02/03 Parent/Teacher Conferences all day, Report Cards published to the portal
02/03 EXTRAORDINARY Superhero Assemblies 9:30 K-1, Mrs. Bailey, Mrs. Rosenberg, Mrs. Adair; 10:30 Grades 2 - 4 & Mrs. Jerz
02/08 Assembly for Black History Month: Black History's Groundbreaking Geniuses
02/09 Kick off American Heart Assembly 2:00 Gr. K, 1, 4 and 2:30 Gr.2-3
02/14 Happy Valentine's Day!
02/16 Family Sweetheart Dance, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
02/20-02/24 Mid - Winter Recess
02/27 Lockdown drill in the afternoon.
Welcome Mrs. Owens
Health Office Clothing Needs
Below are pictures from the Holiday Sing-a-long, Holiday Craft, and Pajama Day.
The Roy B. Kelley musical is underway! Rehearsals have been going very well. Students are running through lines, scene by scene, and learning all of the songs and dances. Stage crew is hard at work painting props and sets. We are proud of their efforts and dedication! We welcome everyone to come and see these students shine at the Palace Theatre! Our show runs March 23rd at 10:00 and 7:00 and on March 24th at 7:00. Tickets will be on sale at Roy B. Kelley in early March. Ticket order forms will go home with all students at that time.
Mrs. Criddle, Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Tokash, and Ms. Madden
Traffic Loop Update - a few friendly reminders:
Continuous Flow - keep the traffic moving.
Remain in your vehicle - staff will assist your child into your vehicle.
If you need to buckle in your child, park in row 3 or 4.
Children need to enter the vehicle on the passenger side. Be sure the seat is open.
This should resemble a drive through.
YOU MUST HAVE A TRAFFIC TAG IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THE LOOP. Contact the main office at 716-478-4671 if you need one.
This traffic loop memo is to ensure the safety of all students and minimize the time that students are standing outside in inclement weather.
If this doesn’t work for you, you may park and pick your child up at the assigned doorway.
Please call Mrs. Walton at 716-478-4680 with any questions or concerns.
The Kindness Club is organizing a Kindness Challenge:
Kindness at school:
- Give someone a compliment.
- Give a friend a hug.
- Include people when you play.
- Put a nice note on someone's desk.
- Help an adult with something.
- Give someone a turn.
- Your idea _________________
Kindness at Home:
- Do a job without being asked.
- Put your stuff away.
- Help a neighbor or friend with something.
- Clean your parent's car.
- Share your stuff or a treat with someone.
- Make your parents breakfast or lunch.
- Take out the rubbish/trash.
- Make your bed and tidy your room.
- Your idea _________________
Kindness in the Community:
- Pick up rubbish/litter when you see it.
- Compliment three people.
- Smile at three people.
- Hold a door open for someone.
- Say hello to your neighbors.
- Leave positive messages in public places.
- Write letters to people in nursing homes.
- Your idea _______________
Kindness with Adults:
- Donate stuff you no longer want or need.
- Bake a cake for someone and take it over.
- Hand out flowers or leave on windscreens.
- Walk the dog with or for your parents.
- Pick up rubbish/litter in a park.
- Help at a community event.
- Do things to help without complaining.
- Write positive chalk messages in public places.
- Take a meal to a homeless person.
- Buy an extra ice-cream for a stranger.
- Paint stones with positive messages to give away.
- Your idea: ______________
Please refer to our calendar for updates. Click on an event to display details such as location, attachments, contact info and descriptions. Calendars may be printed monthly, weekly or as a list or can be imported into your Google calendar or phone.
Roy B. Kelley Elementary School
Home of the Lions
Pride in our Past...Faith in our Future
Heather Walton, Principal