Eagle Friday News and Notes
November 9, 2018
Read on for more info about...
- Veteran's Day Program
- Textbook Rental Fees
- Eagle Play Director
- Upcoming Dates
- Updates from our PTO
- A Note from the Clinic
Dear Eagle Families,
We will commemorate Veteran’s Day at Eagle Elementary on Monday, November 12th . All veterans and their families are invited to a program that will begin at 9:30 AM. The Eagle PTO will be hosting a reception prior to the program at 9:00 for Veteran's and their families. Families who returned an RSVP form earlier this week to attend the 9:00 reception with a Veteran have been sent a separate email with a pre-registration link. Guests attending the reception may enter through the main entrance, door 1.
All other families coming to the program and not attending the reception will be entering through door 9, the exterior gym doors on the north side of the building.
Door 9 will be open at 9:25 for our guests to begin taking a seat.
A few parking spaces will be open in our parking lot for our guests. We would like to reserve those spaces for our veterans and those that may have limited ability to walk from a parking space further away.
Please have your student wear the following colors for our Veterans Day Program on Monday, November 12th:
Preschool wears a choice of red, white or blue
- Surface's class wears red
- Rowan's class wears white
- Weaver's class wears blue
1st grade wears red
2nd grade wears white
3rd grade wears blue
- Sinsko's class wears red
- McKinley class wears white
- Carroll's class wears blue
- Shubat's class wears a choice of red, white or blue
Out and About in the Community
Elementary fee statements were emailed several months ago. Payment for the 2018-19 school year were due in September.
Didn’t receive your statement?
Textbook rental fee statements can now be viewed in PowerSchool!
Simply log in to your PowerSchool parent account or your student’s PowerSchool account, and click on the BALANCE tab on the left side of the screen. You will see your student’s itemized statement, payments made, and current account balance.
NEW – for a flat fee of $3.80 per transaction, save time and the hassle of writing/mailing a check and make your payment online via SchoolPay.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding Textbook Rental, please visit https://www.zcs.k12.in.us/apps/pages/textbook_rental
November 10 - ZEF Barn Bash
November 12 - Veteran's Day Program 9:30
November 14 - Eagle Hosts Safety Partners meeting (You may notice an increased presence of law enforcement vehicles on this morning)
November 15 - Coffee with the Principal @ 8:00 and 9:00
November 21-23 - Thanksgiving Break! No School
November 27 - PTO Mtg @1:15
November 28 - U Paint Pottery from 6:00-8:00 @ Eagle
December 3 & 4 - Body Safety Programs K-4
December 21 - Last Student Day Before Winter Break
A Message from our PTO
- Cookies Needed!!! We will be holding our annual Teacher/Staff Cookie Walk on December 14th. We are looking for individuals to bake or buy 3 dozen cookies for the event. Please help us make this a great event! Sign-up through iVolunteer:https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/bakers__2018
- The Cards for the Community Club kids made 30 cards and brought in 38 more at their first meeting. They were delivered to the Zionsville Fire Department, Zionsville Meadows Assisted Living, and the Police Department (pic with officer Holtz). Can’t wait to see what these littlephilanthropists come up with at the next meeting, Nov 14th! Sign up on ivolunteer to join, https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/cards_2018
- Braille Club is now open to sign up through Volunteer, https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/braille2018
- We are still looking for volunteers for our Extravaganza committee please email at ptoeaglezcs@gmail if you can help! You can do most of it fromhome.
A Note from the Clinic
We are beginning to see an increase in illness as we move deeper into the fall /winter months. While there is no need for alarm, it bears reviewing some illness management guidelines for both home and school.
- Children should remain home if they have a fever (100 F or above), vomiting, diarrhea or unable to manage profuse nasal drainage.
- Frequent hand washing – hands should be washed often with soap and water, especially after coughing and sneezing.
- Reinforce good respiratory etiquette – cover your nose and mouth when coughing/sneezing – practice with your children.
- When notifying the school that your child is ill, please give a reason/symptoms – this helps us to identify patterns and focus on specific classrooms for more aggressive monitoring and parent notification if needed.
- Students can return to school if they are fever free without medication and have been on antibiotic therapy (if indicated) for twenty-four hours, are feeling well, eating, drinking and back to their regular routine.
- Dress for the cold weather – this means students should be wearing coats to and from school.
- Speak to your school nurse if you have questions specific to your child.
- It's not too late for family members to get a flu shot.
School Lunch Information
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERS
We value partnerships with our families and welcome parents and guardians to serve as volunteers in our schools. Each ZCS building offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
Field Trip Chaperones
Out of Town/Overnight Chaperones
Classroom Helpers (PTO parties/room parents)
After Prom Workers
Field Day/Jog-A-Thon Volunteers
Book Fair Sales/Athletic Ticket Sales
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to sign in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check. Necessary background check paperwork is available on the ZCS website at the Volunteers/BRAVO link and should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the intended volunteer date. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website. The volunteer will pay the fee* for the full background check which will expire after 5 years. The link to apply for the full background check can be accessed on the Volunteers/BRAVO link on the ZCS main webpage. For more information, contact the Volunteer/BRAVO Coordinator.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORS
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times.
Classroom Guest Speakers
Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day/Famous Hoosiers/etc.)
We ask that all visitors schedule an appointment to meet with teachers, counselors, administrators and all other staff members so that we may best serve everyone. Visitors other than parents/guardians must be prearranged and organized through the main office.
*ZCS thanks all volunteers for generous support of our youth and schools. Thank you, too, for supporting assurance of student and staff safety by completing and paying for a volunteer background check.