Week of 9-19-16
Lion Cub Shout-Outs
This Week's Calendar Highlights
- Dedication Ceremony - Begins at 6:00, I would highly encourage you to arrive before 5:40 for parking. Our student performers have been asked to arrive at 5:40. Assistants may attend if you would like, however you are not considered on duty and comp time will not be earned. I will recognize our staff tonight. Please everyone in attendance please stand when I do this...... this includes teachers, therapists, diags, assistants, cafeteria and custodial staff. Everyone has played a vital role in the opening of our school and I want to honor and recognize you:)
- Parent Connection Night - (Location: ELC North Time: 6:00-7:00; Topic: Communication for Parents with Special Needs Children)
- College Colors Day - Staff & Students wear your collegic colors - please promote to your parents via email/newsletters
- Head Start Meeting @ Childcare Associates (10:00-12:00) Christy Out
- Fire Drill - 9:00 & 1:00
- Faculty Meeting - Change of Location - Room 324
- Please note that since we moved the Fire Drill to this week, we will have the Fall Lock Down Drill in October. I thought two drills in one week was a bit much. Date and Time will be placed on calendar soon.
- Cathy and I will begin classroom walkthroughs this week. Our focus will be on the Classroom Environmental Checklist provided to you during the August training. I have also attached a copy to this announcement. Please note the "star" indicates that is an area that directly supports our Campus Improvement Plan and/or Instructional Rounds Problem of Practice and will be considered a "classroom environment look for". Of course the other areas not "starred" are important but are not things I will target and collect data on in a walkthrough. Cathy and I are going to try to do this first round together so we can dialogue and provide consistent feedback and support to you.
- If you haven't already done so....check out the shared documents section of our collaboration site. I've added several folders of resources you may find helpful. This is a great place to share our knowledge and resources. If you see a need and have some great resources feel free to post. I just ask that you run it by me first so we can decide where best to file it to keep everything organized.
PM Dismissal -
- We are nearing the end of the 1st 6 weeks (CRAZY I KNOW) and it's time to pass the torch with the assigned after-school duties for the 2nd 6 weeks. We will rotate each 6 weeks until everyone has had a turn:) Please see below for the folks that need to be "tapped out" this 6 weeks and the duties they have. Please email me if you are interested in volunteering in one of these roles for the 2nd 6 weeks. We will begin training for each role next week so any job left unmanned will be assigned to someone on Friday. Thank you in advance for ensuring everything is covered and our 1st 6 week's crew get a break:)
- Barbara Whitfield - Lane 2 Caller
- Lane 2 Loaders - Wendy Dickerson; Dana Norman; Tina Waldrupe
- Inside Cueing Line Monitor - Allie Brandon
- Cross Walk - Jeff Fieldhouse
Goal Setting Meetings
- Goal Setting Appointments will be held the week of Oct. 3rd. Appraise documents should be archived from last year and you should now be able to see the new goal setting documents for the 16-17 school year. Please check your Appraise account this week to confirm you have access to the new documents. We will be reviewing Goal Setting documents and processes at the faculty meeting this week, however you do not have to wait until then to get started. This year I am asking you to focus on only one goal. The goal should be robust and be something you can work on with multiple learning (PD) opportunities throughout the year. A Sign-up Genius will come from your assigned appraiser this week.
Story Time with Mrs. Johnson
- I am looking forward to visiting each of your classrooms for Story Time with Mrs. Johnson. It's a great way to meet and make connections with our kiddos. This year I will be creating an original work entitled, "Lion Cub, Lion Cub...What do you see?" to read aloud to your class. I will be playing photographer throughout this week for the book. Check out a sneak peek of the main character below! I will be using Sign-Up Genius and will send out a link via email this week. I am looking at story times on October 5th & 6th.
- Classroom keys are ready for check-out! Swing by Brandy's office to pick-up.
- Teacher and Assistants may have classroom keys.
- Multiple cabinet keys should have been taped or placed in your cabinets. You will need to bring at least one (but any extra) of the keys to the office to keep in the key box as a master to your classroom.
- Don't forget to ask for your special surprise when you pick your keys up!
You can order the black "KIDstruction" t-shirts from Brandy anytime. We would like to place the order on October 3rd.
Don't forget to stop by Brandy's office to draw your Letter Land personality for the year. We have several letters that need a good actor/actress to assume them:)