Privacy and Security
How To Be Safe On The Internet
- Don't click on any "Free Trial Offers"
- Don't log into free wifi all the time
- Don't click on any AntiVirus pop ups claiming that you have a virus on your computer
- Don't wire any money to unknown charities
- Avoid sending money to people who you don't know (might have met someone online)
Buying Things Online - Some online stores state in their user agreements that you don't actually buy the item (movie) you just buy the license to it.
OnStar - They can sell your information to anyone they want to along with giving authorities the data as well.
(The full documentary is available on Netflix.)
- It can be a string made up of letters, numbers, or symbols
- Avoid making it obvious like using your birthday or your pets name or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Write it down somewhere secure to make sure you don't forget it
- Make several for different accounts on different platforms
- Change it every year or so to be on the safe side
Social Networking Privacy
Anyone can view what you post
Protection from theft or damage
Consumer Online Privacy
Online stores can track what you are looking at and cater ads towards you to try and get you to buy it