Need to Enroll a New Student?
Read below about our centralized enrollment process!
Please follow the steps below to complete your child's enrollment:
Step 1: The action you take to begin enrollment depends on if your family has ever had a student enrolled at Jackson R-2 (this includes Summer School).
Option 1 - If you have never had a student enrolled at JR2, then click this link.
Make sure you are on the 'Parent' tab. Click on 'Register New Family' then follow the online prompts to begin enrollment. Once complete, proceed to Step 2.
Option 2 - If you currently have or previously had a student enrolled at JR2 (even if it was only for Summer School), then:
- Call the Jackson Administration office at 573-243-9501 to begin enrollment
- email us at Registrar@jr2mail.org to request a username and password to access the online registration site through Parent Portal. If you already have a current Parent Portal account, or if you had one in the past, you will use your existing username and password.
NOTICE! When you call or email, we must have the following information in order to give you logon information:
· Your name (first and last)
· Email address
· Zip code
· Each Student’s Name(first and last)
· Each Student’s Date of Birth
· Each Students Gender
· Each Student’s Race
· Each Students Entry Level Grade
Step 2: Once you have received your user name and password by email or by phone (or if you already have logon info):
1. Use this link for Parent Portal to access it from your home computer OR
2. Use one of the kiosk computers at the district's Central Administration Office to complete online registration
*For helpful instructions on using Parent Portal, click here.
Step 3: Additional Forms: Complete the "Additional Forms" by choosing one of the following options:
1. Print the forms and complete them from the "Additional Forms" link here OR
2. Pick up the forms from the Jackson R-II Administration Office and complete them
Step 3: Registration Appointment: Call the Jackson R-2 Administration Office at 243-9501 to schedule an appointment to meet with the Registrar. You will meet at the Jackson R-2 Administration Office, which is located at 614 E. Adams St. in Jackson.
*Note - It is preferred that you complete the Online Registration through Parent Portal AND the Additional Forms before your scheduled appointment. If you are planning to complete the online portion and the additional paper forms during your appointment, please advise us in advance so we allow additional time for you.
You will need to bring the following items with you to your appointment:
· Completed “Additional Forms” Forms
· Students Original Birth Certificate (or passport, visa, hospital record)
· Students Immunization Record (must be provided before child can attend)
· Students Social Security Card (provision of SSN is voluntary, it is necessary for Medicaid billing)
· Parent/Guardian Photo ID
· Proof of Residency (Utility bill/agreement, rental agreement/receipt, property tax statement for the residence, real estate contract)
If you are unable to provide proof of residency in your name because you are living with another person/family, then you must complete an Affidavit of Residency and it must be notarized. This form and notary services are available at the Administration Office.