Second Grade Smarties
Mrs. Brady's class
What's been going on?
This week in 2nd grade we have...
- been working on the writing process - brainstorming, rough draft, editing/revising, conferencing, publishing.
- been working on analyzing characters in a story
- working on our 2nd topic in enVisions math - even/odd numbers, making arrays, or other model to help solve a problem.
- If you need help with homework pages there is an app you can download from the app store that can help explain called "BouncePages" picture below
- completed our first science unit - the scientific process
Coming up in 2nd grade!
This week we are looking forward to...
- beginning writers workshop with personal narratives
- continuing Daily 5 / reading rotations with small groups with our 2nd reader's theater - "Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears"
- taking a test on Wed. (10-12-16) on the 2nd math topic- even/odd numbers, making arrays, or other model to help solve a problem.
- beginning our unit on Native Americans. We will cover two regions - Eastern Woodlands & Plains Indians
To Do List...
- Get a good night sleep 9-11 hours is recommended for kiddos this age
- Give your kids lots of hugs and kisses as you send them off for second grade
- Read each night with or to your child or they can independently read for 20 minutes, make reading fun and something to be enjoyed!
- Sign up on Class Dojo so you can see the pictures taken throughout the year! I'm also working on trying to add the video of our first Reader's Theater from Fri.