Ch. 8 Dietary Guidelines
What do the Dietary Guidelines do for Americans?
- LIkeihood of developing health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers.
- an eating plan.
Getting enough nutrients within your calorie needs.
- Age, gender, activity level, whether you are trying to gain, maintain, or lose weight.
- Food that provides high amounts of vitmins amd minerals for relatively few calories.
How to maintain a healthy weight.
- A condition that increases your chances of developing a problem.
- Diabetes, Heart disease, High blood pressure, Some type of cancer, Arthritis.
- Does not have much body fat as an energy reserve.Increase weight.
- Increasing physical activity and small decreases in food and beverage calories can help you lose weight.
Suggestions For Being Physically Active Every Day
- Control your weight and Stregthen your heart and lungs.
- 60 MInutes
- Get involved in a team or Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
Importance of Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, and Milk.
- Nutrient rich, choleseral free, and naturally low in fats and calories.
- Heart diease and cancer.
- Enjoy fruit or vegetables with meals and as snacks. Eat fruit instead of cooked dry beans or peas. Make whole-grain products the star of your meals.
How to Limit Fats and Cholestrol
- Saturated and Unsaturated fats
- Heart disease
- keep saturated fats to less than 10 percent of your calories. Eat as few foods containing trans of fats as possible. Limit cholestrol to less than 300 milligrams per day. Choose mostly foods that are prepared with little or no fat.
Be Choosy about Carbohydrates
- Nutrient-rich fruit and milk.
- candy and soft drinks.
- Can promote tooth decay.
- Can lead to accidents
- Can lead to violence.
- affect judgment.