Dulce Monreal Period 10
Occupational outlook Handbook - http://www.bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and-library/preschool-teachers.htm
- Provide materials for students to have for both imaginary play and manipulate use.
- Teach basic skills such as colors, shapes, numbers, letters and social skills.
- Establish classroom rules to maintain order.
- Read to students.
- Organize and preform lesson plans.
- Observe and evaluate students behavior, performance, improvement, social skills.
- Prepare materials and classroom for class activities
- organize and label materials
- Display students work
- Attend meetings with other teachers
- Plan and attend meetings with parents
- Select and order materials needed for the classroom
- Preform administrative duties such as hall and cafeteria monitoring, bus loading/unloading .
- Provide extra help to students when needed.
- Work with other teachers to plan a lesson
- Supervise classroom activities , projects, field trips
Starting the day with everyone together for discussion is a great day to start the day!
Playtime is a big part and important part of preschoolers life's. It's the time where they can use their imagination.
Working schedule and Pay
In the state of Illinois. Suburbs-
- 5 days a week with some holidays off.
- 6-8 hours a day
- $9.12-$12.35 an hour
- Psychology - Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Sociology and Anthropology - Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
- Therapy and Counseling - Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Philosophy and Theology - Knowledge of different philosophical systems and religions. This includes their basic principles, values, ethics, ways of thinking, customs, practices, and their impact on human culture.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
College I am planing on attending.
Job Outlook/ Growth
- Number of Jobs- 456,800
- Job Outlook 2010-20- 25% (faster than average)
Advancement Opportunities/ Related Jobs
- Personal and home care Aides
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Health Educator
- Social and human assistance