Clear Lake Intermediate
Is This the Longest April Fool's Day Ever?
I'm not going to lie, this year has been challenging for all of us. We've been tasked with reinventing how we parent, how we teach, and how we live. However, some of our learning shouldn't be thrown out with the last vial of vaccine; you know, when we can all get back to normal. One example of our learning here at school is the creation of the Clear Connections Virtual School. Below, you will find more information on the plans for next year (pending the Texas Legislature approving this mode of instruction). If you think that might be best for your family, I highly encourage you to start looking at it now.
Another way our children have learned to adapt is how they overcome boredom. If you haven't been sucked into the rabbit hole called Tik Tok, you are lucky. Or maybe not so lucky. I now want a pet monkey because of George, the present opening primate. Some of our kids use this platform as a lifeline to outside world. Try to monitor what they are watching, too. While George is really cute and fun, there are infinitely more Tik Tok accounts for activities not so innocent. Click on the bar below to get a taste of George. I promise he won't disappoint!
With all the changes and conflicts happening around us, I hope you and your family take advantage of what should be wonderful weather this weekend. Enjoy your break, and we look forward to welcoming our Eagles back on Monday!
Teacher of the Week
Mrs. Buchanan's 8th graders Spend Time in the Library
Do you know what all our wonderful librarian, Mrs. Simms, does to help the teachers and students at CLIS? She is always looking for engaging lessons to provide support to our teachers (and no! It isn't just ELA teachers). Thanks for making the library so amazing!
Reading is an important part of your student’s academic success and we have many great books that are available to our students in our school library. With the unexpected closure of school last year, many students did not have the opportunity to return their library books. Over the past few months, our librarian, Mary Simms, has been asking students to return any 2019-2020 checked out books. If your student has a book out from the 2019-2020 school year, please have your child locate that book at home and return the book to the campus. If your child is a Clear Connections student, please drop off the book in the main office or at the February curbside opportunity. If you have any questions, please reach out to our librarian. Thank you so much for your assistance with this. We appreciate you!
Retrieving Books from 2019-2020 School Year
Nothing to do this Spring Break, why not take the time to go book hunting? That’s right the library is still missing a lot of books from last year and even this year. Mrs. Simms would love to have them back as would many of your friends who are waiting for them to check them out. Please take the time to go book hunting. You can return the books to the library before or after school or even to your ELA teacher. Happy hunting!
Clear Connections Library Services
The library will still be offering services to students however it will now be by appointment only. If your student has a book they need to return simply drop it off at the front office during school hours. If your student would like to checkout a book they will continue to use the same process of requesting a book online however now they need to contact Mrs. Simms, the librarian to set-up a day or time during school hours to pick up the book. Thank you and happy reading. firstname.lastname@example.org
Panoramic Picture, 2021 Style
Hey, parents/guardians of 8th graders,
We are not able to have our traditional panoramic picture taken this year, but we have a fun alternative. Please help us make this a success. The image below is a sample of what will be done instead of the usual panoramic picture. It gives us the opportunity to capture all our 8th graders and all the teachers. If your student had a picture taken on picture day, that is the picture we will use. HOWEVER, if your 8th grader did not have a picture taken at school, please submit a picture of your student by completing the google form in the link below. The form response will go straight to Goldbeck Company.
This is totally separate from the yearbook.
Thank you, in advance for being part of the solution.
Go to this google link to find out more and submit your student’s picture.
AND you may purchase a completed print buy going to the Goldbeck website https://goldbeckcompany.net/covid19
Is Your Child on Quarantine? Here are the Guidelines...
We realize that being quarantined is not an ideal situation. As you transition temporarily from school to home learning, we have prepared a guide to help you in making the transition as smooth as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your teachers, counselors or assistant principal with any questions or concerns.
Here are a few steps that you can follow to keep up with your schoolwork:
Establish communication with your teachers
· Email all your teachers to inform them that you have been quarantined.
· Email any coaches, club sponsors, or extra-curricular teachers to let them know you will not be attending any of these activities.
Plan your day
· Try to follow your regular schedule and accomplish the work within your class period.
· Brick and mortar teachers will be posting lessons on Itslearning for you to accomplish. Students should follow the teacher’s directive after making initial contact on how to access lessons and assignments.
· If one of your courses is hybrid (students both in person and online), you can use the TEAMS link to log in for real time instruction. It is important that you attend these classes during your assigned time period. Teachers’ TEAMS links can be found in their Itslearning course or you can email and request the link.
Attendance and work
· Complete your assignments on time and submit them as directed by the teacher. The completion of the work on time will allow us to give you credit for that work.
· If there is no official work to be submitted, you will be marked absent unless you contact the teacher on that date.
A few important notes:
If you are experiencing technology concerns, please notify your teacher. The district technology help line is also a valuable resource and can be reached at: TechHelpDesk@ccisd.net.
RETURNING TO SCHOOL:
You will not be able to return to campus before the date given to you on the official CCISD email. Even if you have a negative COVID test, you cannot return to CLIS out of quarantine until you have been officially cleared by the district. If you develop any COVID symptoms, please notify our campus nurse immediately at Hjaeger@ccisd.net.
Message from the Nurse
Hello Eagle Families,
As COVID continues to spread in our community, it is imperative that we remain diligent in our COVID prevention measures. Please remember to complete the CCISD Self-Health Screener with your child before school each morning. If your child cannot pass the screener, please keep your child home, and notify the school nurse by filling out the Self-Health Assessment found on the home page in Skyward Family Access.
If your child was in close contact (less than 6 feet for more than 15 min) with someone who is COVID positive, or under investigation for COVID, please keep them, and all other students, home and notify the school nurse.
If you, your child, or anyone in your home has a fever greater than 100 degrees, is under investigation for COVID, is exhibiting any COVID-like symptoms, or is being tested for COVID, you must keep ALL of your children home from school. All students need to remain home until the family member’s COVID test results come back (or a return to school/work note has been written by the doctor), the school nurse has been notified, and you have been given clearance by a district nurse for your child to return to school.
If your child becomes ill while at school, you will be notified and asked to come pick them up. The nurse will call you within 24 hours to follow up with you on your child’s condition. All other students in the home need to remain at home during this time as well.
If your child had fever of 100 or above or the nurse confirms that your child has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 they must be excluded from school until….
· Your child’s medical provider has determined a different illness other than COVID-19, AND has provided a return to school clearance, AND you have been cleared by the school nurse to return to school.
· Your child has a negative PCR COVID-19 test, AND documentation has been provided to the school nurse, AND you have been cleared by the school nurse to return to school.
· 10 days after symptoms first appeared, AND no fever for at least 24 hours without using fever reducing medications, AND symptoms have improved AND you have been cleared by the school nurse to return to school.
Following these guidelines are essential as we all work hard to keep everyone healthy at school during this pandemic. We know these extra steps can be inconvenient. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we are all having to do things differently this year as we navigate through COVID-19.
Are you ready to make a positive impact in the lives our of Eagle students? We need YOU! We are looking for dedicated people to help support our students, teachers and school by applying to be a Clear Creek ISD substitute teacher. Our substitutes enjoy working with students and the ability to have a flexible schedule each week. Join our Clear Lake Intermediate team today by becoming a substitute teacher. Apply online today at www.ccisd.net/jobs.
Need to Apply for School Meal Benefits?
Absent? Need to turn in an excuse?
Technology Skills Checklist
Are you still struggling with online learning? Here are some resources to help you and your child.
· CCISD Parent Resources: https://ccisd.net/departments/technology_support/Parent%20Resources
· CCISD Student Resources: https://ccisd.net/cms/One.aspx?portalId=645487&pageId=26405607
Login to the CCISD SSO Portal
The SSO portal makes logging in to other applications more seamless. The portal has links to all the main web tools you will need (Skyward, itsLearning, textbooks, etc.).
* You should use the same username and password that you used to login to your laptop.
Finding your classes in itsLearning**
Once you login to the SSO portal, you can click on the itsLearning app, and you do not need to login to ItsLearning separately.
* This is a generic overview of itsLearning basics and is not CCISD-specific. See the CCISD Student Resources page above for more info.
Checking your grades and class schedule in Skyward**
How to find applications on your computer (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and pin them to your taskbar or to your start menu
Try pinning Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to your taskbar or to your start menu for easy access.
· Parents: Here is a good video about all the features of Skyward: https://rb.gy/ifoldt
Parent/ Student Tech Support
The CCISD Technology Remote Support Line is now operating and is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Parents and students can call 281.284.0500 for assistance.
Parent Drop Off and Pick Up
Upcoming Eagle Events
· April 2 – CCISD Holiday – All CCISD campuses and offices closed.
· April 5 – Boys Tennis at Clear Creek High School – 4:30pm
· April 6 – Girls Tennis at Clear Creek High School – 4:30pm
· April 8 – Soccer vs Brookside Int. – 5:00pm – Boys at Brookside Int; Girls at Clear Lake Int
· April 12 – Girls District Track Meet – Field events and the 3200 start at 5:00pm; running preliminaries start at 7:00pm – Challenger Columbia Stadium
· April 13 – Boys District Track Meet – Field events and 3200 start at 5:00pm; running preliminaries start at 7:00pm – Challenger Columbia Stadium
· April 14 – Girls District Track Meet – Triple Jump starts at 5:00pm; Running Finals start at 6:30pm – Challenger Columbia Stadium
· April 15 – Progress reports available in Family Skyward Family Access
· April 15 – Boys District Track Meet – Triple Jump starts at 5:00pm; Running Finals start at 6:30pm – Challenger Columbia Stadium
· April 15 – Soccer vs Westbrook Int. – 5:00pm – Boys at Clear Lake Int; Girls at Westbrook Int.
· April 19 – District Tennis Tournament – 2:00pm
Boys: All 7th Grade at Clear Springs High School and Creekside Int.
Boys: All 8th Grade at Clear Falls High School and Bayside Intermediate
Girls: All 8th Grade Singles and Doubles at Clear Creek High School
Girls: All 7th Grade Singles and Doubles at Clear Lake High School
Girls: All 3rd Doubles are at League City Intermediate
· April 22 – Soccer vs Clear Creek Int – 5:00pm – Boys at Clear Lake Int; Girls at Clear Creek Int
· April 23 - Early Release day for Elementary and Intermediate Students – PD afternoon for Staff
· April 29 – Progress reports available in Skyward Family Access 2nd progress report for 4th nine-weeks (PR8)
· April 29 – Soccer vs Space Center Int – 5:00pm – Boys at Space Center; Girls at Clear Lake Int.